CPBA's Next Event >

CPBA's Next Event

Notices

CPBA's Next Event

Old 10-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts
Default CPBA's Next Event

Working off the success of the Swap Meet, I think its important to work on the next CPBA event...Does anyone have any ideas? Here are a few thoughts...

1. Christmas Party
2. Fundraiser Dinner (Local Restaraunt)

I definatly do not want to dilute the entire year with CPBA events. I think we should shoot for 5-6 events. An event every two months should be attainable especially if we spread them out throughout the year. Opinions?

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 10-18-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

How about a hooker and whore party? I know there will be a grwat showing there no?
-Mike
Old 10-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we tried the whole x-mas party thing last year and there were too many conficting schudules around that time of year. We could do a fundraising dinner somewhere, maybe a buffet style with keg of beer. Pay upfront, all the excess goes towards the cause....
Old 10-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time
all the excess goes towards the cause....
Good point! What's the cause? Do we have a goal and mission statement on how we are going to get there? Etc, etc...
Old 10-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Good point! What's the cause? Do we have a goal and mission statement on how we are going to get there? Etc, etc...
according to the pres..we continue to raise funds to become an official "non for profit" org. he cites that it costs $2500 to file. can someone confirm or deny this statement? i havent done enough research yet.

to scots point...carol from ocean performance said that next years swap meet will involve the boy scouts club which is a great idea. i want to start involving charities into our events.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Time
I think we tried the whole x-mas party thing last year and there were too many conficting schudules around that time of year. We could do a fundraising dinner somewhere, maybe a buffet style with keg of beer. Pay upfront, all the excess goes towards the cause....
great idea. i had the same general thinking.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
according to the pres..we continue to raise funds to become an official "non for profit" org. he cites that it costs $2500 to file. can someone confirm or deny this statement? i havent done enough research yet.

to scots point...carol from ocean performance said that next years swap meet will involve the boy scouts club which is a great idea. i want to start involving charities into our events.
That'swhat i said from the beginning...

Mission statement submitted to the officers in the beginning....not sure where it stands..
CPBA Mission Statement

"It is the mission of the Connecticut Performance Boating Association (CPBA) to encourage and support performance boating by increasing interest in the sport, educating non-performance boaters and improving community relations. Through its non-profit status, the CPBA intends to manage an open and welcoming boating organization that builds relationships with local authorities, hosts performance boating events and supports local charities."
Old 10-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beer pong party at Frank's?