Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Power Boat Magizine, High Life info??? >

Power Boat Magizine, High Life info???

Notices

Power Boat Magizine, High Life info???

Old 11-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brad I had a few close misses in the past, they really make you think about how you run the machines you run

Weather its a car, bike, boat etc we all know it can be dangerous, we think it will never happen to us though

Mikes accident really affected me as well, maybe cause he was so calculated in how he ran the boat, maybe because we both ran a similar setup, or maybe just cause I liked him alot

One way or the other its has made me a little more cautious myself

Maybe thats his legacy, to help keep us all safe
Old 11-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Registered

hi...
What is the best information about this, So that I can enjoy this..
Please help me..
Old 11-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Brad.. I certainly know what you feel regarding this loss... You do not know how much I miss him. Although I did not know him very long..... we became good friends very quickly. I cannot tell you the number of calls I made to him regarding my banana boat or my sonic. He was always there to help . What I miss most is the call out of the blue to ask what was going on and if I was ok.... what a great guy. I got my stickers the day you advertised them, I have one on the boat and the others on my cars. My brother in law and I were just talking about mike Saturday. What a great man he was. I truly enjoyed talking to him about boating in general, what I could do to run faster.. and frankly how to drive the boat. he invited me on his boat so many times... my kids got to meet him in New Bedford and I got to ride with him on a couple occasions... he is truly missed
Old 12-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

yea, makes you think, thats for sure.
its funny. i was talking about him the other day. my voice mail was full on my phone so i went threw it to clean it out, and there it was near the bottom. "mike High life" (how i had him in my phone) i listened to the message, and it was from that day he was telling me what was going on, where he was going to meet us, etc etc. i heard it that day and did not delete it. im glad. i still have it. as long as i have my phone i will not delete it.
he was so excited to have us going over to his neck of the woods. usually he was meeting up with us in my neck of the woods. its a great message.
i never met his kids in person, but since have become friends with them on face book and we keep in touch with each other. its nice.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Registered

well thank god we can keep his memory alive.... now next season you and I would have to meet and run the boats... I will even wear my Noyzee t shirt....lol....b/c mike would not object to a group getting together for a day on the water.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sp123
well thank god we can keep his memory alive.... now next season you and I would have to meet and run the boats... I will even wear my Noyzee t shirt....lol....b/c mike would not object to a group getting together for a day on the water.
i am going to try to put something together for next year. im thinking that we will do it on the same weekend, and we will do a run in mikes memory. i spoke with his kids and they are all for it. they may even want to come along, i would normally do the run then spend the night out, but if his kids want to go then i will just bring them with me and bring them back, but im thinking we will start out at salem/beverly boat ramp (everyone will bring a HIGH LIFE). we will run out to misery island and regroup, we will then shoot out and around over to boston harbor and in threw pres row. we will all stop in the area that mike was running. we will all stop and poor out our HIGH LIFE (even tho this was not mikes drink of choice, it just fits), maybe have a moment of silence, then we will shoot into the auqa palooza and raft off for the day like we did the day mike passed. we will meet ne people, and make new friends.
this run is a pretty easy run for boats of all size, ive made the run in my 18 foot center console. usually the water isnt to bad esp if we leave early in the am.

if mikes kids want to go i told them they can ride with me. i will bring some stuff to stay over night and either i or some one can bring mikes kids back to beverly and drop them off. if i have to, then i will prob shoot back out and spend the night at misery island, so anyone who wants to make a weekend out of it, im in. if some one else can bring mikes kids home then i will stay out at the cove for auqa palooza

if i have mikes kids (when i say kids they are 20+ years old) with me and the water is calm my cruz speed will be between 40 and 55 if it is a bit rough out i will cruz at what ever speed his kids feel safe running at even if it is 5 mph
Old 12-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
i am going to try to put something together for next year. im thinking that we will do it on the same weekend, and we will do a run in mikes memory. i spoke with his kids and they are all for it. they may even want to come along, i would normally do the run then spend the night out, but if his kids want to go then i will just bring them with me and bring them back, but im thinking we will start out at salem/beverly boat ramp (everyone will bring a HIGH LIFE). we will run out to misery island and regroup, we will then shoot out and around over to boston harbor and in threw pres row. we will all stop in the area that mike was running. we will all stop and poor out our HIGH LIFE (even tho this was not mikes drink of choice, it just fits), maybe have a moment of silence, then we will shoot into the auqa palooza and raft off for the day like we did the day mike passed. we will meet ne people, and make new friends.
this run is a pretty easy run for boats of all size, ive made the run in my 18 foot center console. usually the water isnt to bad esp if we leave early in the am.

if mikes kids want to go i told them they can ride with me. i will bring some stuff to stay over night and either i or some one can bring mikes kids back to beverly and drop them off. if i have to, then i will prob shoot back out and spend the night at misery island, so anyone who wants to make a weekend out of it, im in. if some one else can bring mikes kids home then i will stay out at the cove for auqa palooza

if i have mikes kids (when i say kids they are 20+ years old) with me and the water is calm my cruz speed will be between 40 and 55 if it is a bit rough out i will cruz at what ever speed his kids feel safe running at even if it is 5 mph
I would go to this GTG. It would be cool to meet his kids too, Ive talked to one of them on the phone and email. I told them the same thing about speed and taking them on board cause I felt they would have to be somewhat nervous running in our type of boat after what happened.

It would be a little erie for me to be in that exact spot where it happened, wonder if his Kids would be upset by being there?

as for his voice mail, he had just left me one middle to end of that week, Said hey Jeff Its Mike spirito, and I was in a rush running through the house when I stopped and played the message.
after, I thought wow thats weird he usually calls and says Hey jeff its Highlife, took me a second to figure out who it was,(I knew him more as HIGHLIFE) I figured Id call him back later and joke W him about it.

The message unfortunately got erased, I usually leave messages on my phone a while and I wish I still had it. I even checked through the messages a few times after to see if it was still there.

funny story,
It took me a while to figure out that Guido on S&F and Highlife on OSO were the same person, I was talking W him on both sites for weeks before I knew they were the same person, I think he did the same cause we both had different screen names on OSO and S&F LOL

Good guy, I miss his phone calls to talk boating
Old 12-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee

Id like to go!!
I wanted to hit aqua last summer, but in hindsight im kinda glad I had a wedding to attend.
Although I didnt know mike I always get a knot in my stomach seeing the spirito const trucks on the south shore.
Brad u should share that voice mail w his kids.
My old man died when I was 26 and both my girls parents are gone before she hits 30 so I know from experience that even dumb shat like
” HEY BRAD ITS MIKE, JUST FILLED UP AND ILL BE AT THE RAMP IN 20” or whatever he said may not mean much to you but might mean the world to them. Especially if it was his last day!!

Ok enough tasters choice moments here... Have a good winter .
Hopefully well meet next season.

Mike D

Last edited by scarab63; 12-03-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Spell
Old 12-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

Brad if you need any help with this please let me know. and if anyone needs a ride, I usually go alone or with my 13 yr old... so I can find room for 3 more.... more than happy to help with this... I also offered last year to get something going in RI at my marina. They can host several boats so there would be no issue. We could do Providence, Narragansett, Block Island and Newport... just let me know..
Old 12-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Registered

sounds good. i will be in touch with everyone. i was thinking to keep it more local to mikes stomping ground, and bostn, hull, etc was all mike! he knew the area like the back of his hand. no gps for him!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.