Bar harbor Maine

Notices

Bar harbor Maine

Old 07-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Bar harbor Maine

Any insight here. Places to stay or any one own a joint to rent. Places to see thing to do good places to eat. My hit the island of the coast also.
Thanks in advance
Mike
Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PRETTY MUCH A TOURIST TRAP- BETTER HAVE RESERVATIONS
MT ACADIA NAT. PARK IS NICE-CYCLING,HIKING ETC.
IF YOU CAN GET ON A BOAT, THE COAST THERE IS GREAT!
MANSIONS,CLIFFS.....
AND OF COURSE -----LOBSTER & CLAMS
Old 07-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks Jett I'm looking to go end of next month or so. As I said lookin for some insight. I will be bringing the road bike and I do plan on gettin a boat ride of some sort.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:04 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I get up there several times a year for work. As mentioned, it's a beautiful place but very expensive tourist trap until mid September. I've found the Wonderview Inn http://www.wonderviewinn.com/
To be the most reasonably priced with an incredible view of Frenchman's Bay. Cadillac Mountain auto road is a must do.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Registered

not a good place to go ,IF YOUR LOOKING FOR WOMEN. I went there back in 78 with 2 other friends, after 2 days no single women we left for a road trip to my parents trailer in RI. we stopped at a hotel with a band got drunk met a girl in the mens room. she was older than us, she brought us to some beach on a lake or pond. told us to set up camp and she would send her hot younger sisters, in the morning to make us breakfast . but the two guys I was with said it was a set up. so we left at 3 am and headed for RI got pulled over twice by maine states and one RI cop.once there at the campgrounds there were no single girls left. the guys who told us to do this worked for my dad , besides telling us bar harbor was a good pick up joint also told us to hang at the airport bars to pick up women. we were 19 at the time, oh there was a trip to ski country they sent us on, we almost froze to death in a car, we couldn't find the ski house only had beer money and ski money. Artie

Last edited by AIR TIME; 07-14-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
not a good place to go ,IF YOUR LOOKING FOR WOMEN. I went there back in 78 with 2 other friends, after 2 days no single women we left for a road trip to my parents trailer in RI. we stopped at a hotel with a band got drunk met a girl in the mens room. she was older than us, she brought us to some beach on a lake or pond. told us to set up camp and she would send her hot younger sisters, in the morning to make us breakfast . but the two guys I was with said it was a set up. so we left at 3 am and headed for RI got pulled over twice by maine states and one RI cop.once there at the campgrounds there were no single girls left. the guys who told us to do this worked for my dad , besides telling us bar harbor was a good pick up joint also told us to hang at the airport bars to pick up women. we were 19 at the time, oh there was a trip to ski country they sent us on, we almost froze to death in a car, we couldn't find the ski house only had beer money and ski money. Artie
HEY, THATS NOT MAINE' S FAULT THAT'S BEING 19 AND STUPID - I GUESS THATS REDUNDANT
BUT YOUR RIGHT THE WOMEN DO- AS WE SAY UP HERE- SUPPLY "WARMTH IN THE WINTA' N' SHADE IN THE SUMMA'"
Old 07-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike i just got back from there yesterday. I'll post up some pics and more info shortlly.
I stayed here and it was perfect !
http://www.barharborregency.com/
Old 07-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Registered

AS FAR AS A BOAT RIDE - IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CATTLE CAR TOUR BOAT THING -LOBSTER FISHERMEN ARE HAVING A HARD YEAR- GO TO ONE OF THE COMMERCIAL DOCKS ASK AROUND, YOU MIGHT GET A LOCAL GUY TO TAKE YOU OUT ON A 2 HR RIDE OR A SHORT DAY FISHING -JUST DON'T TELL HIM YOUR FROM MASS THAT WHOLE ME. vs MA. THING! I USED TO FISH DOWN THE COAST AND WOULD DO IT.

Last edited by JETTDOGG; 07-14-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go to the lakes, watch out for the environmental police, I was stopped by them on Webb lake and given a ticket for not having a milfoil sticker, no warning, just a ticket for almost 300$ there should be a posting at every boat ramp about milfoil stickers . They may have gotten me this time but in the long run Maine is the loser, because I will no longer spend any money there.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some pics.-

My album-
http://community.webshots.com/album/...UbXNFj?start=0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.