Truth on Lake Winni Noise Regulations >

Truth on Lake Winni Noise Regulations

Notices

Truth on Lake Winni Noise Regulations

Old 07-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took coast guard course and have the card handy. I heard that is honored as boaters lisc?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Registered

watch out for the witches rocks, I won't go there until the speed limit changes,I love long lake and sebago in maine where kurt and jon hang out. later Artie
Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jiffy292
I took coast guard course and have the card handy. I heard that is honored as boaters lisc?
if your course was approved by the national association of state boating law administrators then your covered. not all coast guard courses are in. i have coast guard and boating safety. they do not care about the coast guard one. just boating safety.

years ago when my parents started going up there they hassled us a lot. it was one thing after another to the point i didnt care to go back. my old man got his new boat and they started all over again in 2008 but once they relized that the boat was a regular and that they live on the lake then they have been much better.

he boaght the boat over the winter and before it even saw the water we had already ripped the quick and quit out and had nothing on it, and he has been pulled over a few times and never got an issue with noise.

as for speed limit. imo speed limits are made to be broken, just do not get caught.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 435 Likes on 209 Posts

The NH government and voters have spoken loud and clear as far as I am concerned. Slow down and shut up. Haven't been back in years and don't miss the hassles at all. A few of the remaining hi-po boat owners up there seem to be poseurs anyhow. Idle up and down the channel all day never getting on plane. Sure, its fun to show off your hardware, but doesn't that get boring quick?

Forget Winnipesuckee, head to Sebago if you want true lake boating New England style. At least you can run flat out across the lake without worrying about your every move or hitting something.

Better yet, head to the coast and really have fun!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

i always boat out of newburyport and i agree the ocean is the best...gona try the lake once just to see it..and thats probably it
Old 07-19-2012, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by techman
The NH government and voters have spoken loud and clear as far as I am concerned. Slow down and shut up. Haven't been back in years and don't miss the hassles at all. A few of the remaining hi-po boat owners up there seem to be poseurs anyhow. Idle up and down the channel all day never getting on plane. Sure, its fun to show off your hardware, but doesn't that get boring quick?

Forget Winnipesuckee, head to Sebago if you want true lake boating New England style. At least you can run flat out across the lake without worrying about your every move or hitting something.

Better yet, head to the coast and really have fun!
Nice teckman. Were on plane alot longer than you seeing as sabago is only 12 miles long, isn't that more like a pond.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawfun
Nice teckman. Were on plane alot longer than you seeing as sabago is only 12 miles long, isn't that more like a pond.
Of course your on plane longer, your going 45mph. It takes forever to get anywhere at 45mph!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by 502ss
Of course your on plane longer, your going 45mph. It takes forever to get anywhere at 45mph!
65-70 all the time and 25 min to get to other side of lake, and lots of places to go.
65 on your lake and at other side in 10 min, that sounds great.
Do you have anything else to do there besides go back and fourth and a few sand bars.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawfun
65-70 all the time and 25 min to get to other side of lake, and lots of places to go.
65 on your lake and at other side in 10 min, that sounds great.
Do you have anything else to do there besides go back and fourth and a few sand bars.
Wow, someone is touchy!

Look man, winni is nice but plain and simple, too many rules.

1. License required
2. Speed limit
3. Noise limit

Tons of people still love it and yes there is plenty to do but when I don't want to worry about being pulled over for my dry pipes or for going to fast then sebago/brandy pond/long lake is the place to be! And we do have things to do, mostly on the Naples side but still things to see and do!

In the end of the day we all have our opinions! Don't be so cranky about it!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Cool

I was just messing with you. It's all good, my cousin has a place in maine and he brings his mastercraft there once in a while and loves it. nobody likes the rules except the small open bow boaters and the pontoon people, the next thing they'll put in the law is no big cruisers because of the wakes and how it may tip them over (selling like crazy over here).
Most of the people with big money to throw away left. I remember when every hotel room was full, every marina had a waiting list, resteraunts were busy, and big boats were the thing to buy. How things change when you push the wrong people away. Now the economy over here is slow, always rooms available, get seated wright away when out, and pontoons are the thing to buy. I guess thats good for me as I don't need to waite for a place to dock my boat now. People blame the economy but others with big money don't mind spending it (just not here anymore). Have a good summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.