Notices

Lake George

Old 06-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 405 Likes on 241 Posts
Default Lake George

Hi All,

I was thinking of taking my family and 28' boat to lake George for the 4th of July week. I have visited Lake George twice over the last 4 years and loved it (without a boat).

Can anyone recommend a place to stay where I would have room to park my truck and trailer? Is there a ramp near by? Do I need anything other than a quiet boat and common sense to enjoy the lake?

Thanks for any help!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts

Check out the Treasure Cove Resort in Diamond Point. I know they've been ground zero for many boating events in the past. Pretty sure they have room for your rig and a good launch ramp. Otherwise you can use Norowal Marina to launch.

You need a quiet boat at idle, stay under 60 in busy areas and get a Lake George Park Commission sticker, which you can purchase at any marina.

Getting reservations this close to the 4th could be problematic though..
Old 06-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Apexwarrior
Check out the Treasure Cove Resort in Diamond Point. I know they've been ground zero for many boating events in the past. Pretty sure they have room for your rig and a good launch ramp. Otherwise you can use Norowal Marina to launch.

You need a quiet boat at idle, stay under 60 in busy areas and get a Lake George Park Commission sticker, which you can purchase at any marina.

Getting reservations this close to the 4th could be problematic though..
Apexwarrior got it covered Treasure Cove has nice ramp and I think he owns the motel next door. They are located a couple north of LG Village. LG speeds are 45 day & 25 at night. Weekend of the 4 th would be time to speed closer to limit. If your boat is a little on the loud side stay out of the bays as the sound bounces around and is more noticeable. If you have an iPhone there is a great DB app for free to check your exhaust. Plenty of bar/restaurant on the lake. Places to find people on this site during day Log Bay, Shelving Rock Bay, Red Rock Bay. If you run into a problem with trailer parking PM me as I have plenty of room in yard where you can leave trailer for the weekend. The big thing is noise up here get that cover and you'll have a great time. If you don't have any mufflers and you have wet exhaust with tail pipes I can tell you how to make a set of muffles for about $10 they will be ugly and boat may not run wide open but they will keep you out of trouble. I'll be on the lake all weekend

Last edited by Clustergear; 06-22-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info!!!

I have silent choice on my boat so noise shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you Clustergear for the very generous offer!!

I have to make some phone calls now.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a little something to prime you for LG trip http://www.adirondack.net/images/sum...dirondacks.mp3
Old 06-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Registered

Unfortunately I haven't booked anything yet. The weather doesn't look too nice. I was waiting to see if it will get any better. They are calling for rain every day. Stinks because I really want to go.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Registered

Actually I thought it looked pretty good. Chance of T storms on Mon-Tuesday and then sunny skies the rest of the week according to accuweather.com

About as good as you're going to get in the Adirondacks over a 5 day period..
Old 06-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Registered

I was using Weatherbug on my phone which is usually pretty accurate by me. I like your forecast better. LOL Now I have to see if they have any rooms left which is going to be the hard part. Any other suggestions if Treasure Cove is booked up?
Old 06-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Registered

Just got the last room
Old 06-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Registered

Nice!

Check out The Algonquin restaurant by boat for drinks or lunch/dinner. The Boathouse is good also, although less docking.

If you see us running around or anchored in Red Rock or Log Bay, stop by and say hi.

Have a great time.

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.