Summer time on Long Island >

Summer time on Long Island

Notices

Summer time on Long Island

Old 06-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Summer time on Long Island

Well it is finally summer time here on Long island ..My Baja Sport 280 has been ready for a few weeks now and we finally got to use it today ,what a day the weather was perfect and the boat runs sweat .We got out this morning and headed west to Hemlock cove The ride was perfect ,I didn't push to hard to it to about 3500rpms for a nice cruise got there had some lunch and and headed back for another good ride

Summer is finally here
Old 06-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Spectacular day today... we were out on the ocean after lunch in Freeport.. near perfect..
Old 06-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Beautiful day for sure! I was at garbage cove. Water finally warmed up as well.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:13 AM
Registered

we have been heading to Hemlock the past couple of times out and have had good days .The boat is running good and the distance makes for a good ride .
I'm heading to Florida and wont be on the boat until like the 13th and will probably head over to hemlock again for our first ride back home again that day .
Its a nice place to go if your ok with anchoring /beaching the water is clean and the crowd is good .Ive met a lot of new friends there and always welcome more .There is always different types of boats there but always some performance boaters ..I like when we aren't the only loud go fast .When Im out I travel with my wife and younger son and if I'm blessed with his company I might be able to get the older guy and his girl friend on the boat too
Hope to see and meet more performance boaters soon
Post your destinations and dates on the bay and see you all one day .. go fast ...
Old 06-26-2014, 06:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I am not familiar with Hemlock, where is it?
Old 06-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HyFive578
I am not familiar with Hemlock, where is it?
State channel between cedar beach and gilgo beach
Old 06-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Registered

Omg been trying to post for an hour.... Now that you know where it is when you pull in stay to your starboard as it is shallow to the port .I go to the east end .You can pull up and beach the boat on the soft sandy bottom or anchor in the deep .The people there are friendly but it gets crowded early I wont be black there til the 13th. after that I may start heading to the east more .I like watch hill you can dock there picnic eat at snack bar or restaurant or have a drink at the outside bar .You can also take a dip in the ocean .When I head out that way I will post it and call it watch hill invasion and invite all performance boaters to meet up . I also am interested in setting. Up dinner date nights to destinations that can be reached by boat east of RobertMoses bridge .Places like bay shore kismet ocean beach or ocean bay park just to name a few....
Old 06-26-2014, 07:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'll have to check that out. Probably anchor though, beaching not really a good option for me..
Old 07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Registered

Where are the fast and loud boats going this weekend ? Im going to take a short ride Thursday afternoon ( just to Bayshore ) ,Friday afternoon Im going out to beach (don't know where yet ) end up some place for dinner ,Then Saturday is up in the air right now and Sunday most likely heading to Hemlock ...

All are welcome and so are your ideas

See on the water..........
Old 07-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Maybe to Pops in Island Park on Saturday for lunch or alternatively Ocean Beach. Sunday, either Garbage or Hemlock...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.