Winne loosening up ? >

Winne loosening up ?

Notices

Winne loosening up ?

Old 05-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winne loosening up ?

Any of you NH/Winne gents have the intel if the lake is loosening up its restrictions? The lake was so amazing back in the day before BS reform of speed and sound. I have heard rumor it is loosening up. Any truth to this?
Old 05-05-2015, 07:26 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,105 Likes on 1,399 Posts

It is, and it isn't. Make sense ? LOL.

No matter what, and obviously Saturday's (high traffic days) are going to be more governed.

It seems less are getting pulled over for noise than they used to. Obviously no dry exhaust and nothing extremely loud.

Many of us used to get pulled over for years - noise even after getting tested and passed.

I've been next to a few boats that have gotten pulled over for speeding...I never stopped to find out if they got ticketed. I don't turn my head and I go for shallow rocky areas most are a fraid of.....and keep going. LOL.

Last year seemed to be a little bit more relaxed.

Hopefully that keeps going.

BTW: The noise limits started way back .

Would love to see your boat out here. There's still a bunch of nice hot boats out, but yeh, not as much as before.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my apache up there last year and didn't have any problems, can't wait to back up again this year.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. That lake is so much fun and has so many options, it's a shame "we" basically got run out of there. I remember seeing 20-30 offshore boats at any given time/day. My Nor-Tech is quite loud and I am sure would gather the attention of the blue lights unfortunately, if they are still harping on that. Although I am sure chsales Apache isn't quiet! So you never know ...
Its a long winding back-road trip for me to get there, and to only have to turn back around would suck. I may try to call the warden's service and see what they think. I could handle not speeding around for the week, just don't want to get beat up over the noise "violation" , so to speak.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as you aren't an a**, they are ok. We have a place in the broads on rattlesnake and spend most of our boating time there. The performance boats returned in a big way last year. Lets do an OSO winni meet this year!
Old 05-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're right, back in the day it was a great place to go, but I wont go back until they lift the restrictions. I do not want to give them our tourism dollars since they clearly put the restrictions in place to keep "us" out, so the last thing I want to do is to give them a great excuse to pull me over after seeing the boat parked at the (sand)bar for the afternoon. No thanks, I'll spend my money elsewhere...
Old 05-07-2015, 02:26 PM
SB
Registered

It (loss of $$$$) doesn't bother the older retired crowd that wants it this way.

It bothers those of us who live and work here that depend on certain amt of tourist $$$$.

But, that said, the area is pretty damn busy already this year.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm heading up next weekend to splash the tiger for the first time this year.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
It (loss of $$$$) doesn't bother the older retired crowd that wants it this way.

It bothers those of us who live and work here that depend on certain amt of tourist $$$$.

But, that said, the area is pretty damn busy already this year.
I realize nobody is going hungry without our tourism $$$, but it's the principle of the matter for us. Screw them and their pontoons/tampons, lol!
Old 05-08-2015, 06:58 PM
SB
Registered

That's the lake next to us - Squam. Yeh the famous 'On Golden Pond' lake.

Psssst: Our prob's are Lake George's (NY) fault. LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.