Sebago lake couple questions >

Sebago lake couple questions

Notices

Sebago lake couple questions

Old 08-25-2015, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sebago lake couple questions

Friend of mine has access to a house up here the long weekend coming up so I'm going to bring my boat up. Never boated the lake and curious about any big surprises. Looks pretty boater friendly from what I've seen. The house we have is in sebago cove... anyone know if I can get in there and under the bridge with a formula 242? Thanks in advance. Also is the songo river deep all the up to long lake?
Old 08-25-2015, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Sebago Cove (Muddy River if you're buying, Sebago Cove if you're selling..lol) is shallow and the entrance to the cove is rocky but marked well. Pay attention between Fryes Island entering Jordan Bay. There are rocks on the shore side but also marked well. The lake is big and very deep. Not too much to worry about. It's marked well. Take a trip up through the Songo River, that leads into Brandy Pond and then into Long Lake. Much more to do on the Long Lake side. Your best bet for launching is probably at the Sebago Lake State Park ramp. -Very nice ramp btw. -If you see a blue/white Cigarette on the Songo, say hello, that's me.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts

Biggus,

I believe the State Park ramp was recently redone? I haven't been to the lake in a while, do you think I could get my 35 in at that ramp? I remember it being very steep and possibly a problem for long trailers getting hung up on the top?
Old 08-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by techman
Biggus,

I believe the State Park ramp was recently redone? I haven't been to the lake in a while, do you think I could get my 35 in at that ramp? I remember it being very steep and possibly a problem for long trailers getting hung up on the top?
The ramp has been redone. They moved the dock to the center so now there is two dedicated launchs. They did not change the approach angle though. I launch there all the time with my scarab and never had a clearance issue (my axles are way back and I have cross members that hang down)

Now with the dock in the middle it will be tough for a long trailer to enter the right ramp (if looking at the water) but the left ramp is almost a straight shot in!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KMONEY306
Friend of mine has access to a house up here the long weekend coming up so I'm going to bring my boat up. Never boated the lake and curious about any big surprises. Looks pretty boater friendly from what I've seen. The house we have is in sebago cove... anyone know if I can get in there and under the bridge with a formula 242? Thanks in advance. Also is the songo river deep all the up to long lake?
Come on up! It's a great boating and swimming lake! The water is crystal clear, several places to swim and have fun on all three lakes

Are you planing to pull the boat every day or launch it once and tie it up at the house? State park launch is very nice but on Saturdays and holiday weekends it can get busy and parking sometimes becomes an issue after 11:00am
Old 08-31-2015, 04:48 PM
Registered

Awesome Thanks guys! I will be up Saturday til Tuesday. I'm going for a single launch and keep it on a mooring but that's still up in the air. I think Sunday I will trip up through the songo to long lake then Monday explore sebago itself.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KMONEY306
Awesome Thanks guys! I will be up Saturday til Tuesday. I'm going for a single launch and keep it on a mooring but that's still up in the air. I think Sunday I will trip up through the songo to long lake then Monday explore sebago itself.
Havent decided yet but we will either be at the sandbar on Sebago (at the mouth of the river) on Saturday, the sandbar near the bridge on brandy pond on Sunday or vis versa! Stop by and say hi! I will be in my little jet boat!

Old 08-31-2015, 10:00 PM
Registered

I need to get down there one of these days. Heading to boothbay for the weekend if anyone's around there.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Registered

nice! hope to bump into a few of you this weekend
Old 09-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by W900
I need to get down there one of these days. Heading to boothbay for the weekend if anyone's around there.
I'll be out in about this weekend and my buddy will be too (Formula 311 & 242). Especially if you run up the back passage from Boothbay to the Kennebec and up from there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.