Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Hudson River Fall Family and Friends Fun Run >

Hudson River Fall Family and Friends Fun Run

Like Tree265Likes

Hudson River Fall Family and Friends Fun Run

Old 08-27-2015, 11:26 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Windsor, N.Y.
Posts: 384
Default Hudson River Fall Family and Friends Fun Run

Here it is,

Date: October 17th 2015
Rain Date: October 18th 2015

Departs from: Stony Point Bay Marina
36 Hudson Drive
Stony Point, N.Y. 10980

Destination: Old Savannah Restaurant
100 Rondout Landing
Kingston, N.Y.

Run Length: apx 60 miles each way



The annual Hudson River Fall Run will take place.

We will be leaving out of Stony Point Marina heading north up the beautiful Hudson River to Kingston's Rondout Creek. On the way we will stop at 2 of the bridges, Newburgh and Mid Hudson to regroup and wait for slower boats. This is not a race. All boats are welcome. When we arrive at Old Savannah there will be 2 bars serving drinks, one inside and one outside. Then there will be a great buffet for us. ( menu not picked yet). There we can relax and hang with new and old friends. Then we will head back to Stony Point. In the past we have hade a great turn out for this event, I am sure this one will be great as well. If you can join us please post or p.m. your name, what kind of boat you have, and how many crew members are joining you. There will be NO registration fee for the event. The only money charged will be your ramp fee ($25), and the restaurant fee(not set up yet, last year was $30. per person).


You can post, p.m., or call me, 845-558-4123, with any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you there,
Jonathan
fatherb68 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:28 AM
  #2  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (3)
 
HyFive578's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,758
Default

Do you know if the ramp at Stony Point can handle a 47' boat / 50' trailer? Ironically, I bought and docked my very first boat at Willow Cove Marina but that was a VERY long time ago....
HyFive578 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 08:34 AM
  #3  
Registered
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Windsor, N.Y.
Posts: 384
Default

I have a couple of things I'm working on for you. There are 2 other ramps that I think will work. And I also will call the marina and see what they would charge to put it in with the travel lift
Originally Posted by HyFive578 View Post
Do you know if the ramp at Stony Point can handle a 47' boat / 50' trailer? Ironically, I bought and docked my very first boat at Willow Cove Marina but that was a VERY long time ago....
fatherb68 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 08:53 AM
  #4  
Registered
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Windsor, N.Y.
Posts: 384
Default

Hi tide is at 1:30 on October 17th. And the marina also did some repairs to the ramp. Shouldn't be any problems if we are putting in at 9:30-11:00. I am also looking into another ramp for the 47
fatherb68 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 11:14 AM
  #5  
Registered
 
CBlakeNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,924
Default

This was a great run last year. Good turn out and a great time! I came up with Chris (badmonkey) and we had a blast. I will not be able to tow my boat up this year nor will he but I think we would both be interested in attending if anyone has any extra seats available.

Fatherb - running the sutphen this year?

Looking forward to it if I can make it, will have to go pro this year and get lots of pictures again.
CBlakeNS is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 11:36 AM
  #6  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (3)
 
HyFive578's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,758
Default

Originally Posted by fatherb68 View Post
I have a couple of things I'm working on for you. There are 2 other ramps that I think will work. And I also will call the marina and see what they would charge to put it in with the travel lift
Travel lift would be ideal if nots too costly. Thats how my boat is launched now every weekend..
HyFive578 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 11:37 AM
  #7  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (3)
 
HyFive578's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,758
Default

Originally Posted by CBlakeNS View Post
This was a great run last year. Good turn out and a great time! I came up with Chris (badmonkey) and we had a blast. I will not be able to tow my boat up this year nor will he but I think we would both be interested in attending if anyone has any extra seats available.

Fatherb - running the sutphen this year?

Looking forward to it if I can make it, will have to go pro this year and get lots of pictures again.
If I do end up making this, I'm sure I would have room for you guys. Just might not know for sure if I can make it until the week of.
HyFive578 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 11:57 AM
  #8  
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 154
Default

Jon,
Active Thunder
Fountain
Not sure how many people yet.
SHORTFUSE is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:30 PM
  #9  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Manhasset, NY
Posts: 1,943
Default

Looks good for me too...... Sonic, at least 3 of us in boat......
Here's Johnny is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:33 PM
  #10  
Registered
 
CBlakeNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,924
Default

That would be awesome! I have already received permission from the wife to go as long as everything is good with her (baby due in November) so this will be my last little get away prior. Will keep in touch with you.

-Blake

Originally Posted by HyFive578 View Post
If I do end up making this, I'm sure I would have room for you guys. Just might not know for sure if I can make it until the week of.
CBlakeNS is offline  

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser