Notices

Lake champlain launch ramp

Old 10-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts
Default Lake champlain launch ramp

Hey guys!

Was on the lake for 3 summers from 2009 to 2012, always coming by water from quebec. Got tired of custom waiting time... Went back today to treadwell, girlfriend and kids asked to go back often next year... Cant make my mind for waiting so long at custom

What could be for me the closest and nicest marina to launch, right after customs on the road, but not too far after, cause i dont feel like driving 2 hours each week to go boating...

So, treadwell? Plattsburgh? Or before burlington what s available?

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you want to launch of your trailer or be hoisted in? Gaines marina has a really nice hoist setup. Chazy river is where a lot of us launch. The city boat launch right by the Naked Turtle is nice too. Whats your flavor? lol
Old 04-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

thanks for the heads up! no hoist needed. but chazy could be appropriate, while last time i had to haul out a boat '' right by '' naked turtle, it was not too far left of naked turtle from the water, and it was more like a rocky / sandy kind of slow steep beach and i can't think it would work for my 45... but I must have been at the wrong place... unless it was left from plattsburgh marina... not sure... but those 2 places you mentionned are the closest to me right across the border so I'll keep those in mind!

Thanks again!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff32
thanks for the heads up! no hoist needed. but chazy could be appropriate, while last time i had to haul out a boat '' right by '' naked turtle, it was not too far left of naked turtle from the water, and it was more like a rocky / sandy kind of slow steep beach and i can't think it would work for my 45... but I must have been at the wrong place... unless it was left from plattsburgh marina... not sure... but those 2 places you mentionned are the closest to me right across the border so I'll keep those in mind!

Thanks again!
Gregg puts his 42 in at chazy no problem. Point au Roche state park may be an option too. You have to pay but it's a very deep launch