Anyone in the Stamford CT area? >

Anyone in the Stamford CT area?

Notices

Anyone in the Stamford CT area?

Old 08-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in the Stamford CT area?

One of my good friends just picked up an old 76 or 78 Formula fishing boat. We've been trying to figure out the model for a couple weeks now. Its a twin engine with old school twin throttle controls. My experience with Formulas is a little newer than what he got, not by much though and also a little smaller with my grandparents old F-18, which has seen much better days...

Just kind of looking for some fellow boaters in the area to get some ideas on local mechanics as well as places to go out to. Possibly some events in the area that havent happened yet? He is going to need some simple work done like adjusting one of the throttle cables, since it seems like 1 of them hangs up a bit, and the lever needs to go forward a bit more than the other before it slips into gear. Im used to being down towards the Niantic/Mystic/New London area.

Still debating on what to do with that old F-18 myself. She is pretty beat up, but its a great little boat, it just such a rough ride in even smaller waves only being 18 ft. Probably would make an excellent lake boat though.