Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Wow ! Saw a boat coming in to the Center Harbor, NH Docks this AM. 18*F Strong Wind >

Wow ! Saw a boat coming in to the Center Harbor, NH Docks this AM. 18*F Strong Wind

Notices

Wow ! Saw a boat coming in to the Center Harbor, NH Docks this AM. 18*F Strong Wind

Old 01-01-2017, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
I was on the lake alot today. 4:00-10:00pm Snowmobiling, hockey, fire, drinks, about 40-50 people hanging out on the lake having a good ol' time.
Nice night out there.
I'll be up soon, was just waiting to get through the holidays. How is the ice looking?
Old 01-01-2017, 07:20 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Most of the Lake is not safe. I am just past Ambrose Cove (northern part of Moultonboro - just North of Moultonboro Bay) where we are the first or near first to become safe each year.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey SB are sleds crossing from the Deepwood Lodge area to Ambrose Cove trail yet? I haven't been over that way to look and haven't heard. The Red Hill trails were very nice early this weekend though, earliest I can remember sledding locally.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:00 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by donzi matt
Hey SB are sleds crossing from the Deepwood Lodge area to Ambrose Cove trail yet? I haven't been over that way to look and haven't heard. The Red Hill trails were very nice early this weekend though, earliest I can remember sledding locally.
Yes, Deepwood Lodges is on our bay. I used the trail at Ambrose to go up the Castle Friday night. Trails where beat,,,but the states groomer was having issues and too many people rode it earlier on Friday...not too mention all the water bars still had running water...but i did it . LOL.

Further north Greens Basin has some soft spots....gotta know where you are and stay heavy on the throttle.

Trails will be much better later this week when they have time to really groom.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:07 PM
SB
Registered

Our big Winter about 8 yrs or so ago, trails opened almost a week earlier than the Dec 15th official open date. We had so much snow, they got the landowners to okay opening. I forgot about the Conway Scenic Railroad staying open late and we gut busted bad on the rail trails up there a week or so before Christmas...rode from here.......easy mistake though as it wasn't plowed for the train and there where no signs or orange netting blocking it off. Got nailed by a cop in a car on a road crossing. What a mess,,,,especially since about 30 sleds ended up following our tracks....and the cop about vomited as more sleds kept coming up the rail trail....hah !

Edit in: Just checked my photos. This was winter of 2007/2008. Big snow year ! I spent $2800 on fuel riding that winter ! Gas was $4.00 and change that winter. Doh !

Last edited by SB; 01-01-2017 at 08:27 PM.