SOUTH NJ Delaware River?

Notices

SOUTH NJ Delaware River?

Old 05-19-2018, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOUTH NJ Delaware River?

HI All,
New member, back to boating after a few years. Hv a 18ft 88 Bayliner cobra, little to get back to it,and Im on the Jersey side of the delaware river, Near Hargrove marina.
Looking for places to meet up , ski, and tubing...
Im still trying to get the bearings from my slip to the river, I know about coconut grove hanout, but I know there are other spots...

Thanks for any help..

Rob
Old 07-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New guy

coconut grove is about the only game in town. If you want to tube it is best to pick you're times and places to enjoy yourself. High tide early evening during the week when boat traffic is down. National Park is a good area but be careful at low tide around the island. Where is you're boat docked.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Registered

HI Jackieboy
Im up the street from Hargrove marina, Private doc on timber creek.
We go to the island. sandbar. and river winds...
I was out Monday and there was people tubing off timber creek, it was calm and no traffic.. I go out alot during the weekdays...
We were thinking of trying toward North, I heard its a little cleaner and a nice ride..

Rob
Old 07-21-2018, 10:06 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Also have a house right off timber creek on the water. Island, Coconut Grove, Used to go wake-boarding/tubing down the crick near Paulsboro, haven't been there in forever... Anyone still make it down that way? I'd rather run the peanuts off the boat than sit... lol... after 2 years sitting, finally got my boat running 100% again.