Notices

Lake George NY

Old 05-24-2019, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lake George NY

Anyone boat Lake George? I’ve been up there before but just had a 21’ Searay that we launched out of Norwal Marina. I know they perform a pre launch inspection to ensure the watercrafts bilge is dry. Not looking forward to dragging a 35’ boat through downtown Bolton either, so is there anywhere else on the lake where I could launch my 353 fastech and have a place to leave the trailer for the week?

I’ve seen that they have implemented an exhaust decibel limit and a speed limit.. am I going to have a huge target on my back? I have the captains call exhaust which is pretty quiet so I can’t see that being a problem, but are they really tough on speeding? I guess I can just follow the rules...

Old 05-25-2019, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

I’m on the lake this weekend with my Fastech. Yes, 45 mph speed limit, yes, noise restrictions. Generally, if you keep it under 60, there is no problem. If you want to run hard, I’d suggest you go to the Nothern end of the lake. As for noise, I also have Captains Call and if you use it at idle and then turn it off coming on plane you will have no issues. Ive been doing this for 9 years and Ive never been stopped. There is a launch ramp at the southern end of the lake that you can use next to Million Dollar beach. You will have to get it inspected, which only takes 5 minutes. If your boat is as clean as most on this board, they will just do a look over. They may ask you to lower your drives. If water comes out, they will ask you to run the engines.

I know this seems aggravating, but the beauty of the lake makes it well worth it. If you see a Fastech with lightning bolts on it stop by and say hi.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

BTW - lots of go fasts on the lake and as long as you do not run balls out down by the village or in Bolton Bay, you will have no issues,. Stop at the Algonquin or the Boat House for a drink and enjoy.