Based on meeting comments >

Based on meeting comments

Notices

Based on meeting comments

Old 12-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Based on meeting comments

Granted...I do not know how the club is set up right now, although I do know it's a not for profit. It seemed important to people to remain a not-for-profit, but there is concern about liability in relation to the radar runs.

I have two links that may be useful.

The first explains how to set up a not for profit corporation:

http://www.tughill.org/Technical%20&...pdf%20FILE.pdf

The second explains different types of corporations and the benefits and obstacles of each:

http://www.corporate.com/corp_type.cfm
Old 12-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Registered

Bonnie, since a corperation has to have a lawyer and a CPA to set it up .Are you going to donate all the money and funds to do this.In my opinion I think the club has done a pretty good job the last 15 years!!!
Old 12-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Johnny Bravo

Tom, this is Bonnie again. I was just trying to help. It seems there were some concerns. I'm not saying the club has done a bad job the past 15 years....just pointing out options and brainstorming.

Old 12-05-2003, 06:06 AM
Johnny Bravo

I wasn't going to post more...but upon further contemplation decided to. The information above is user friendly, explains processes and why, gives links to forms and tells you who to send them to. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need a lawyer, nor an accountant.

My post was not a jab at how things are run or how they have been run for the past 15 years. There are some ligitimate concerns regarding the radar runs and that the officers of the club could be held personally liable. Pete mentioned setting up a corporation, and some felt that it changed the direction of the club too much and was costly. My post was simply an attempt to provide information so an informed decision could be made.

Now, I did not post this expecting someone else to pick up the ball and run with it. I would be perfectly happy to sit down with the board if they chose to do it. I would bring the necessary forms and they could direct me how they wanted it presented to the state. The 501(c) (3) form is specific to amateur sports (among other things) and I have a copy of it on my pc. The IRS SS-4 form is available online and there is a multitude of links on how to set up a corporation independent of lawyers. I work with lawyers, tax accountants and such and could probably get limited free advice (they could give it a once over before we submitted it). In addition, there are contact people right on the links if we have questions along the way.

Again, let me re-iterate, this is NOT a jab as to how things are run. This is presented as possible solution to a problem we have encountered (one solution of many I'm sure).

It would not hurt my feelings in the least if it was decided that it wasn't in the best interest of the club, I am merely trying to help solve a problem.

Old 12-05-2003, 09:13 AM
Registered

Bonnie,

Any concerns a member has is worth looking into! Gather your information without spending money if you can and then present it to the board at one of our meetings. I would rather have a clear picture of things than have my head in the sand and then pay for it later.

Thanks for your input.

Colleen
Old 12-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Registered

Bonnie,

Thank You for The Information Tom.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Laura O

Talking

It's good to see ROPA people "getting involved"!

Breakaway Laura

Old 12-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Bonnie,
By now I was hoping to have time to read the links you posted (I haven't yet, but I will by the next Board of Directors meeting) but I just want to thank you for your efforts. I also want to echo Colleen (Flying Hellfish) and reafirm we will look into & discuss the information, with your help.
Thanks again!
Bill
Old 12-10-2003, 06:10 AM
Registered

No problem...I have all this information because we needed it for our snowmobile club. I just thought it might apply here because I'm trying to put myself in your shoes (the officers) and frankly it would scare the B-Jesus out of me if someone could sue me personally because of the radar runs, and a couple of the officers of the club mentioned that it was a concern for them.

I want to re-iterate that it is probably only one solution of probably many and it would not offend me in the least if the club decided to go a different route. But if they decided to go this way, I work all day long on partnership papers, legal documents and the like and would be more than happy to help solve this problem in any way I can. I read through some partnership documents (drafted by a very reputable firm in Rochester) and paid special attention to the liability section the other day...we could use one of those documents as a basis for what we'd do to make sure we don't miss anything.

But again...this is one solution of many. I'm not sure I know when the board meeting is...I'm pretty sure somewhere along the line I heard it was the 27th - was that December or January? I would like to know so I can have my research done on time.

I have to comment...posting at 2:46 am???? You really need to get some sleep there!!! Don't ya just hate it when you wake up in the middle of the night and are WIDE AWAKE? Next time, read through that link...that'll put you to sleep really quick. And if that doesn't work, I could give you a commercial lease....that WILL work. LOL
Old 12-10-2003, 06:42 AM
Registered

No problem...I have all this information because we needed it for our snowmobile club. I just thought it might apply here because I'm trying to put myself in your shoes (the officers) and frankly it would scare the B-Jesus out of me if someone could sue me personally because of the radar runs, and a couple of the officers of the club mentioned that it was a concern for them.

I want to re-iterate that it is probably only one solution of probably many and it would not offend me in the least if the club decided to go a different route. But if they decided to go this way, I work all day long on partnership papers, legal documents and the like and would be more than happy to help solve this problem in any way I can. I read through some partnership documents (drafted by a very reputable firm in Rochester) and paid special attention to the liability section the other day...we could use one of those documents as a basis for what we'd do to make sure we don't miss anything.

But again...this is one solution of many. I'm not sure I know when the board meeting is...I'm pretty sure somewhere along the line I heard it was the 27th - was that December or January? I would like to know so I can have my research done on time.

I have to comment...posting at 2:46 am???? You really need to get some sleep there!!! Don't ya just hate it when you wake up in the middle of the night and are WIDE AWAKE? Next time, read through that link...that'll put you to sleep really quick. And if that doesn't work, I could give you a commercial lease....that WILL work. LOL

Quick Reply: Based on meeting comments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.