Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Northern Illinois Offshore Club (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/northern-illinois-offshore-club-137/)
-   -   Lunch run to Michigan City on the 25th? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/northern-illinois-offshore-club/112493-lunch-run-michigan-city-25th.html)

candyman35 09-15-2005 11:15 PM

Lunch run to Michigan City on the 25th?

Who would like to do a lunch run to Michigan City on September 25th? Anyone can attend. This would not be a Chicago Powerboat sponsored run. Just a bunch of friends trying to extend the Summer. :D I know some Michigan boats are interested in running. Last chance to have some fun.
Dan

sommerfliesby 09-16-2005 12:40 PM

Re: Lunch run to Michigan City on the 25th?

Would that I could, but we'll be in Michigan doing the Apple Cider Century bike ride....what could be better than riding 100 miles around the lovely countryside...oh yeah...boating and drinking beer :( !

Fine509 09-16-2005 04:29 PM

Sorry that Mike can't make it but His boat could " don't worry Mike we just trying the props" :eek:

candyman35 09-16-2005 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Would that I could, but we'll be in Michigan doing the Apple Cider Century bike ride....what could be better than riding 100 miles around the lovely countryside...oh yeah...boating and drinking beer :( !

Bike ride or Boat run........sounds like an easy choice to me. :D Did I mention Voodoo drinks :drink:
Dan

Doug 09-19-2005 12:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lets see. I had port motor out and back in friday and starboard stand off box an drive off waiting on parts. OK I'll be up and running by then and we'll come out and play. :drink:

el indio 09-19-2005 09:39 AM

whatz 4 lunch?.......................m.m...............

Doug 09-19-2005 05:11 PM

Ordering off a menu, so anything you want. I can't remember the name of the place we ate when Kaama went along but I think you can eat up the top deck if the weather is nice.

BZ 09-19-2005 06:23 PM

Matties, and Dan and I went there yesterday, lets hope for good weather it was a blast yesterday....BZ

Doug 09-19-2005 07:12 PM

Thats it, Thanks, Bob have you been checking out any of the posts from Lake Cumerland Poker Run ? :evilb:

http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/...5&pagenumber=1

candyman35 09-19-2005 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Doug
Thats it, Thanks, Bob have you been checking out any of the posts from Lake Cumerland Poker Run ? :evilb:

http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/...5&pagenumber=1

Looks like we need to take a club trip or two next year. :D

10x 09-20-2005 10:45 AM

Wow !!! some of those pics are just plain SMOKIN. :evilb:

We need to UPGRADE our photo dept. :rolleyes:

candyman35 09-20-2005 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by 10x
We need to UPGRADE our photo dept. :rolleyes:

Frank,
Are you volunteering? :D
Dan

MarkSmith 09-20-2005 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Most of the pics are stills. The ones in motion are from a boat or land not in motion not from a helicopter at 80-100mph. I like the one of the brunett.

Mark

Doug 09-20-2005 10:19 PM

Last year they will not give Roger a permit for a helicopter after they sank the one a few years ago. I got a couple versions of why it sank and one was they were getting a little show from a couple girls and got a little to close to the water. We had just come through there and were heading back to Jamestown for the lunch stop when he flew over us. If I had turned around I would probably have seen it go down. They lost all the camera equipment and the copter in 110' of water. Both guys were OK.

No way Mark the blond. :D

GREEK LIGHTNING 09-21-2005 12:55 AM

Mark I'm not picky!!!!!!! Smokin girls.... I wouldnt mind the left overs. Ha!!

10x 09-21-2005 08:13 AM

Blond, brunette, who cares? There both hot material. :cool:

Roger 1 09-21-2005 10:57 AM

Last year they will not give Roger a permit for a helicopter after they sank the one a few years ago. I got a couple versions of why it sank and one was they were getting a little show from a couple girls and got a little to close to the water. We had just come through there and were heading back to Jamestown for the lunch stop when he flew over us. If I had turned around I would probably have seen it go down. They lost all the camera equipment and the copter in 110' of water. Both guys were OK.

No way Mark the blond. :D

You can`t ''hover'' a helicopter with one hand. :D

BZ 09-21-2005 12:48 PM

The BLOND!!!

Jamie B. 09-21-2005 04:01 PM

Both at once will do. :cool:

boatfreak 09-21-2005 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Roger 1

This my friends may well be the quote of the year. :D :D

sommerfliesby 09-22-2005 07:30 PM

What time do you nutjobs think you'll be at Matey's? My ride is in southwest Michigan and we might be able to drop by on the way home and meet up for a little caloric intake to refresh my depleted stores! In other words, my legs and ass will be sore and I'll need a beer. Or two. Or three. Or...hell, Michelle can drive home :D .

And no "sore ass" comments from Mr. Fine 509! :chimp: :chick: :chimp: :bunny:

Doug 09-22-2005 10:14 PM

I wouldn't mind shooting for 1:00. As long as it isn't raining tomorrow morning I should be able to bring the boat to the house and put the headers on, set the timing and it's ready.

Mike whats in southwest Michigan ?

BZ 09-22-2005 10:18 PM

I still don't get it poss one of the last week-ends of the year and you are going on a bike ride...Didn't you just get a new 35ft FOUNTAIN?????

candyman35 09-22-2005 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Roger 1

:D :D :D

candyman35 09-22-2005 10:25 PM

I wouldn't mind shooting for 1:00. As long as it isn't raining in the morning I should be able to bring the boat to the house and put the headers on, set the timing and it's ready.

Mike whats in southwest Michigan ?

Meet at the wall in Michigan City around 1:00. Lets hope the weather will cooperate. They really missed it today. Supposed to be 72 today. I guess thats why my truck said 92. We will probably have to wait till Sunday morning to see.
Dan

candyman35 09-22-2005 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
I still don't get it poss one of the last week-ends of the year and you are going on a bike ride...Didn't you just get a new 35ft FOUNTAIN?????

Ask him how many bikes he owns!!! :evilb: :D If we had a helicopter I bet Mike would be there. :drink:
Dan

Quiet Storm 09-22-2005 11:26 PM

[QUOTE=Doug]I wouldn't mind shooting for 1:00. As long as it isn't raining in the morning I should be able to bring the boat to the house and put the headers on, set the timing and it's ready.

Doug
You amaze me. :drink:

Doug 09-23-2005 12:39 AM

Sorry Roger I had to change that to tomorrow morning. I didn't mean sunday morning.
I think the silicone was still drying on the way up to the first photo shoot this year and I don't want to do that again.

BZ 09-23-2005 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by candyman35
Ask him how many bikes he owns!!! :evilb: :D If we had a helicopter I bet Mike would be there. :drink:
Dan

O.K. how many bikes.....BZ

Quiet Storm 09-23-2005 12:17 PM

You guys give Mike a break. He's young and hasn't figured out how to say no without getting in trouble yet. :rolleyes:

Puppy

BZ 09-23-2005 12:28 PM

What time do you nutjobs think you'll be at Matey's? My ride is in southwest Michigan and we might be able to drop by on the way home and meet up for a little caloric intake to refresh my depleted stores! In other words, my legs and ass will be sore and I'll need a beer. Or two. Or three. Or...hell, Michelle can drive home :D .

And no "sore ass" comments from Mr. Fine 509! :chimp: :chick: :chimp: :bunny:

Does Michelle read this stuff if not I might be able to help with that "NO" problems lots of years of experience....BZ

candyman35 09-23-2005 02:18 PM

I won't be at the Marina on Saturday. Sunday may be a problem too! :( We are trying to get my Mom's insulin worked out. She is not able to give it to her self and now needs it three additional times a day. :(

If the weather is good and I figure out something for my Mom I will be there. Not to many more good weekends left this year.
Dan

sommerfliesby 09-23-2005 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
O.K. how many bikes.....BZ

Uhhh...let's see...
1 Road Bike (Trek 2300 Aluminum/Carbon Fiber)
1 Full Suspension Mountain Bike (Gary Fisher Sugar)
1 Steel Mountain Bike (Kona Kilauea)
1 Steel Single-Speed Mountain Bike (Procraft...my favorite)
1 Titanium Mountain Bike (Dean..my race bike)
and
1 Schwinn Stingray

At least I won't have too much of a problem conserving gas when it goes up to $5 a gallon...more to burn in the boat!

Dan - hope your mom's ok, that's gotta be a tough one to deal with. Hope to see ya Sunday.

Payton 09-23-2005 08:13 PM

Yes, Dan. I hope your mom is ok.
The weather doen't look real good for Sunday anyway. My boat is still in Portage, so, if the weather is good it's possible.

candyman35 09-23-2005 10:07 PM

Thanks. My Mom is doing fine. The new insulin therapy is going to do the trick. Only problem is that she can not use the insulin Pen the Doctor wants her to use which means I need to give her a shot before every meal. She is able to use the standard syringe so we need to see if this particular insulin is available that way and how long it will keep after being transfered to the syringe. I will get this figured out some how.

If the weather is good and my Dad can master the insulin pen I plan to run to Michigan City. Nothing tastes better than a $200.00 Cheeseburger! :D
Dan

BZ 09-23-2005 10:24 PM

Uhhh...let's see...
1 Road Bike (Trek 2300 Aluminum/Carbon Fiber)
1 Full Suspension Mountain Bike (Gary Fisher Sugar)
1 Steel Mountain Bike (Kona Kilauea)
1 Steel Single-Speed Mountain Bike (Procraft...my favorite)
1 Titanium Mountain Bike (Dean..my race bike)
and
1 Schwinn Stingray

At least I won't have too much of a problem conserving gas when it goes up to $5 a gallon...more to burn in the boat!

Dan - hope your mom's ok, that's gotta be a tough one to deal with. Hope to see ya Sunday.

Thats a lot of bikes, but the same $$$ invested as the FOUNTAIN?????

Downtown42 09-24-2005 10:53 AM

Mom and Dad are glad to have you around Dan.

Doug 09-24-2005 08:30 PM

I'm not going to make it. The weather isn't looking to good and I really need to stay home and work on some projects. :(

candyman35 09-24-2005 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Mom and Dad are glad to have you around Dan.

Sometimes!!! :D

We are still planning on going if the weather is nice. Worse case we will just hang out at the Hammond Yacht club. The long term forecast for next week is not looking good. :( It may be the last good weekend.
Dan

el indio 09-25-2005 08:39 AM

looks like rain over here.........mark.....8:30.............