Notices

Marina Thoughts

Old 03-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Marina Thoughts

Well, since South Branch Marina is closing, Im gonna need a new place to call home this summer.

I live a few blocks from sox park and my boat is a 40ft Excalibur Hawk(for those that dont know me). My options right now are

Riverdale Marina. They are the cheapest, they do in/out service, and the boat is kept inside. I can also wrench on it all the time on rainy days indoors. I like that. Down side is the River flat out sucks, the drive to the marina will suck with the Dan Ryan Construction starting next month. (130th and halsted)

Jackson Park inner harbor. Closest to home for me, but the inner harbors water is very murkey, and Im not painting the bottom.

Hammond. I know this is where most of you guys hang. That would be nice to be able to party with you guys and talk shop. Downside is its the most expensive. Traveling there is no big deal, I could shoot down state st to the skyway and bypass the Ryan construction.

What do you guys recommend? My biggest concern is that my boat is a 1982, and Im always tinkering, so I do like the idea of indoor storage on the floor at riverdale. However, I dont want to have to ride down the river after a day of drinking. I would like to be near the action. I usually hang in the playpen, and a slip at burnham would be nice, but Im sure they are all taken.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:00 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Marina Thoughts

What about just trailering?
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 03-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He lives in Bridgeport.

What about the place off of halsted and 22nd with rack storage? Don't know the name. Close to home but locks and river run.

There is a sailboat place on 95th that is building rack storage. Near the lake with no locks.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

The marina at 22nd and halsted is "South Branch". Thats where I had my boat, now they are closing down. Crowleys boat yard off archer and halsted moved out to 95th street. Marina City stopped doing in/out, now where left downtown. Just the harbors.

Trailering wouldnt be so bad if I had somewhere to keep the boat, and it wasnt 15000 lbs.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:18 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Come to Hammond, but remember that 2007 is not an option.
we always have fun there.....BZ