Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Mild Thunder

Everything work out ok?
Old 07-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe got successfully ungrounded by a salvage company, supposed to be $6k, but I guess the guy felt sorry for Joe and cut him a break, $3500. Awful, but much better than 6!

He chewed up one of his impellers and had to clean some sand out, but he was on the river today, operational again.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

What happened and where?
Old 07-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Yea, lets just say things got ugly in a hurry. We were leaving boaters beach and the waves were rollin in pretty hard. My buddy couldnt get the anchor up. I pulled forward enough to release it, but he was still having trouble. So I grabed the rope, and helped him pull it up. In just a few seconds, the boat got a little sideways, then came a huge wave, by the time I got on the throttle it was too late. Ended up like a beached whale on the sandbar.

After baddog and his crew tried to get me free with no luck, i had no choice but to call the tow boat. They arrived at around 930pm, took about 45 minutes of tugging just to free me up. Towed me to portage public marina. 3500 bucks

Got the boat out on the trailer sat morning, flushed out sand out of engines, replaced sea pumps, and shes up and running.

Good thing is no injuries or damage except to my ego, I should have known better. Mostly felt bad for my crew, they were cold and nervous, not a fun 4th for them.

And yes, I will be signing up for tow boat u.s membership!

Sucks because I really wanted to hit new buffalo on sat with bobz and the guys, but maybe next time.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

there were a bunch of boats thrown on the beach that day,,,,, it sucked that we anchored that far out,,,,, but the cushion was nice for getting the anchor up.

Glad the boat was ok though.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Registered

Yeah I'd say the water was a little gnarly for anchoring there that day. Went to the playpen yesterday, no drama, lots of boats.

It was nice to not get beat up in the boat for a change too, 1-2's all day.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Registered

Ya i had quite the ride on the deck of obnoxus's boat pulling the anchor....it provided some amusement given the circumstances!!

Glad to hear all is good with you...after hearing the story i thought you might be done for the season!
Old 07-07-2008, 03:30 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

glad to hear everthing is o.k. we had a little bumpy ride home but it settled down closer to ec. the next day Sat. was a blast the run back to the beach and then to New Buffalo...(drank more bombs!!!) and then home on Sunday...tired today...see you this week-end????
Old 07-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered

Sounds like a pretty eventful weekend on the big pond. Torch Lake and Northern lake Michigan were pretty uneventful with smooth water all weekend. I broke my liver and my pocket book this weekend! Anybody that has not boated "up north" really needs to put it on their to do list, its beautiful!
Old 07-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man
Ya i had quite the ride on the deck of obnoxus's boat pulling the anchor....it provided some amusement given the circumstances!!

Glad to hear all is good with you...after hearing the story i thought you might be done for the season!

Trust me man, when I was sittin there waitin for the tow boat shivering like a little school girl from the cold water and cool winds, I believe I had said more than once, "this mutha f*&kin boat is goin on ebay tomorrow"!

The 3500 blows, but glad no one got hurt, and no damage to the boat other than a impeller and a bent muffler(tiebar hit it).

But on a good note, we had a great time at the beach with you guys, I should be out this weekend. Ill bring some extra yager with

Quick Reply: Mild Thunder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.