need x dimesion help 31 oe >

need x dimesion help 31 oe

Notices

need x dimesion help 31 oe

Old 04-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need x dimesion help 31 oe

Do I measure from the last step pad which is only about a foot from back of boat, or start farther forward and dont count that last step? Im also running 650hp with a XR 1:50 gear ratio and turn 5200rpm any idea what pitch prop I should run, 5 blade or 4 blade?
Old 04-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryanmcd53
Do I measure from the last step pad which is only about a foot from back of boat, or start farther forward and dont count that last step? Im also running 650hp with a XR 1:50 gear ratio and turn 5200rpm any idea what pitch prop I should run, 5 blade or 4 blade?
You are going to have to try both to see what runs better on it. The X is measured off the back step.

5 blades may be the ticket but a lot of wear on the X R's .

Good luck

Post some pics if have them..
Old 04-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. I am about 2 inches up from the bottom on the last step. Do you think thats going to be a problem? I ran both props last year and the 5 blades gave me 10mph more on cruise speed im goin with them. Is there any difference in turning the props in or out
Old 04-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ryanmcd53
Thanks for the info. I am about 2 inches up from the bottom on the last step. Do you think thats going to be a problem? I ran both props last year and the 5 blades gave me 10mph more on cruise speed im goin with them. Is there any difference in turning the props in or out

yeah the 5 blades will give you the cruise but you will lose it top end. But you would want to cruise mostly. 5 blades just will get you more bite and that will be your problem. They will wear the gears faster.

Turning in or out will change stern lift. On a V-hull turning them in will get the boat higher, turning them out will give the boat less lift but it will handle and dock better. I am not sure about the CAT. I just got mine in November. I haven't even had it in the water... Hopefully this week we will get some seat time...

Post some pics of the boat.. I am interested in others. Mark- Chitownhustler is the best they say. He owns one and another guy is "The Menace" They are the two that know the most about these boats.

Good luck
Old 04-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Registered

That cat looks familair was that just at Cassidy Paint I just picked my boat up from there. Its a small word. As for you Ry stop worryin so much your boat flys...Ha. We will finish it this weekend then you can go beat on it. We'll put 31p P5Xs on it and go from there. Jeff
Old 04-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jeff@J&J Marine
That cat looks familair was that just at Cassidy Paint I just picked my boat up from there. Its a small word. As for you Ry stop worryin so much your boat flys...Ha. We will finish it this weekend then you can go beat on it. We'll put 31p P5Xs on it and go from there. Jeff
yes it is at Cassidy's. It is a small world. I seen the cat he just painted.. What are you going to put in it for power??
Old 04-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Registered

I have 540s that are 650 each with speedmaster drives. Boat ran great last year so I gave her a makeover this winter. I saw you run arnesons what power are you pushing? If you ever need any work done or any help with your boat feel free to give me a call any time. Your boats really nice man good luck with it. Jeff at J&J Marine 856-228-4744
Old 04-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jeff@J&J Marine
I have 540s that are 650 each with speedmaster drives. Boat ran great last year so I gave her a makeover this winter. I saw you run arnesons what power are you pushing? If you ever need any work done or any help with your boat feel free to give me a call any time. Your boats really nice man good luck with it. Jeff at J&J Marine 856-228-4744

I am running 572's with 871's.. 800hp now I Just found today a pair of 1471's with carbs and fuel system. If I can work a deal on them tomorrow I will take the boat to 1100hp.. I would like to be around 1000's in the boat.. I am excited. I haven't even been in it yet.. Maybe tomorrow the 1st time out for a little breat of air!!

Maybe.. If not over the weekend..
Old 04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Registered

the weather is perfect for a quick run down the river. I highly recommend jeff at j&j marine with any boating needs especially high performance. Jeff gets you rite back in the water asap.My boat should be ready sat. to hit the tripple digits. I post some pics this week.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Registered

Hey thanks Ry I feel like Im gona have to give you some store credit for that one...Ha

Mareno ur gona have a blast with that 38' they are a monster in the ocean. You might not even want to add the 14s after you drive it that boat should go 105-110 with 850s. Are you running intercoolers? If not it would be easier and cheeper to add them. But none the less the 14s will def do the trick. Let me know how you make out after you take her out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.