Arneson shafts

Notices

Arneson shafts

Old 04-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up How was Chi-Town?

Expresscat39,

I hope you had a great time in Chi-Town.

I have been to Put-n-Bay and Kelly Island. I was also at the Flats. I heard that they do not like the go-fasts at the Flats.

I will be going to a LEOPA Poker Run in Monroe, MI. It is at the end of July sometime. I heard it was a good time. Will you be attending this run?

Boot said that he has towed his boat on the turnpike all the way to Jersey. I will find out the details when I call for a permit.

Mark Smith
Old 04-06-2004, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chicago

Had a great relaxing time. Besides seeing the Phantom, we just bummed around form restaurant/bar to etc etc.

Sunday morning went to the Hilton for breakfast. Used to be outstanding, not anymore. The clientele also degredated. Things change.

We can do the LEOPA out of Monroe. We have several local ones. Time for a change. We will do the Monroe LEOPA run.

I talked to a guy who has towed a lot of cats. He said the turnpike is out becasue of the wide load and when you file for your permit they give you the routing. I did see Boot's note that he towed down 80/90 with a single axle 350.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:31 AM
Registered

Default Flats

You are correct regarding the flats. If you go there make sure your mufflers are working well.

Also Put In Bay and Sandusky have cracked down on noise and wake. As long as you ar not being an idiot and revving near shore/town the other authorities will not bother you.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Registered

Cool Permit tow

Expresscat39,

I called the permit company today. I can tow in Indiana and in Ohio. Ohio requires a trail car with a wide load sign and communication(cb). The Penn turnpike is $1.75 per mile. Fooorrrgggeeettt about it! They told me to take the freeway instead. That will get me closer to New Jersey anyway. I think I will have 8 people on my boat for this event.

Mark Smith
Old 04-07-2004, 06:30 AM
Registered

Default PA PIKE $1.75/mile!

You could actually pick up 6 or 20 before entering Ohio and work your way to 90 just before you hit Cleveland.

I looked up the LEOPA web site and did not see a Monroe, Mi run listed.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Registered

Default Update

Just another update for you.

Should receive the gauges back from Livorsi today.
Also the new toggle covers, steering wheel, hub and LED lights.

Still have not received the new ratio sleeves and shims from Arneson.

Probably will go ahead and mount drive plates and drop in the engines and trannies next week.

This weekend we will start screwing everything and anything in the cockpit and cabin back together.

Still trying to have ready in May.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Registered

Default Poker Run

According to Poker Runs America, July 31, 2004, LEOPA's Thunderfest Poker Run, Monroe, MI. This is what I am using as a source. My friends attended the run 2 years ago and said it was great but long.
Mark Smith
Old 04-07-2004, 09:47 AM
Registered

Default monroe

Probably includes Put In Bay.

The one we usually have done for 10 + years leaves Sandusky Ohio and goes through Detroit to Lake St. Clair on the Canadian side (160-70 miles round trip) or to Leamington Ontario (110 miles RT), a little town just straight north of us in Canada.

Since 9/11 Customs in the states has become such a ***** I try to avoid the Canadian runs.

There are several poker runs out of Cleveland that come to Kelly's Island or Put In Bay, go to Toledo then back to Cleveland. That is almost 200 miles round trip.

The problem boating in Erie is on any given day you are going to have some rough water. It is too shallow.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Registered

Expresscat39,

I talked with Rockne Smith's "wife" and she said that it goes out of Monroe MI. It includes Fri. dinner, Sat. B, L, D and Sunday breakfast for $250 per boat for 2. $125 per additional person. Boating at my budget.

Mark Smith
Old 04-08-2004, 06:57 AM
Registered

Default MONROE

That is a better deal than the one's I have been on. Count me in for that. What is the address of that web site that has the info?

I looked under Poker Runs of America and did not see it.

Quick Reply: Arneson shafts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.