Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
St. Clair great turnout >

St. Clair great turnout

Notices

St. Clair great turnout

Old 08-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: St. Clair great turnout

Bob Currier is great on the radios, and coordinating with the freighters and all the other powers to be. The whole committee that worked on this race needs a round of applause, but the spectaors that came out to watch these great offshore racers need a standing ovation!
Glad none of the incidents were serious and that everyone made it home safe.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 46tomcat
Would like to thank the City of St Clair,Bluewater offshore,Bob Currier in race control.The angel ships from OSS your the best!!The St Clair,Harsens Island fire Dept for takeing such great care pumping all the water out of our new baby,allowing it to come out with no damage!!The OPA for coming out to play,you guys put on a great show!!And all the guys who stoped by to see if we were ok or if we needed any thing.Your the best.We will see everyone in Orange Beachthanks again Tom Reliable Carriers#20
It was good to see you guys were OK(Reliable,Popeye's) Thanks to you Tom for all the help, I am glad that there was no major damage after we flipped your boat. Thanks also to AMF for letting me use there cart to set up dry pits...my feet thank you also . Also thanks to Dan (Loan Shark). Thank you all St Clair staff you people were GREAT!Thanks again to all OSS staff for taking me in. It was truly a pleasure working with all of you See you in Orange Beach.

Jeremy R
Old 08-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Registered

Thanks to all the racers and teams for the compliments and for coming to st. Clair. The BWORA team has accomplished a lot over the years including in 2000 when we had 96 boats race. Talk about a packed town!!! We are an all volunteer, grass roots club but we know how to put on a race. I am proud of our team here in St. Clair. The few of us that get recognition are just the tip of the iceberg that gets things done. So here is to all the rest of the team. Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve Brunner President BWORA
Old 08-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Registered

Holy COW!!!!

What a great event this was. ST Clair is an AWESOME city and the people were xtremely glad to see us, as we were glad to see them. I dont think i have seen that many people come to a race site, specifically for a race. They flocked to the shoreline. They got two full days of excitement with testing and time trials on saturday. And Racing on sunday.

Looking forward to coming back.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Registered

I too would like to say what a great event, town, host, and race!!! St. Clair, MI really rolled out the red carpet for all of us.
To Tom A. and Steve, sorry about your bad luck and also of course to Stan & David too, we are all REALLY glad all of you are ok. Your boats can be fixed… To Bob Kosta and all of the Blue Water Series staff, you were all OUTSTANDING!!! Special thanks to the St. Clair Inn also, for being such a gracious host. To OPA and the Jersey Boyz, we all hope you too had a great time. What a super event and I know 2006 we’ll be even bigger & better... Great TalkOffshore.com too...
Old 08-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Gold Member

did anyone notice that there were no green flag starts in front of the start/finish boat?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by twistman
did anyone notice that there were no green flag starts in front of the start/finish boat?
That is normal. The race is started when the boats are all lined up, not necessarily in front of the Start/Finish boat. OSS does a parade lap first and then will start the race sometimes on the backside of the course, so the boats are spread out more for the first turn. This helps prevent a pile up in turn one, thus making it a much safer race. Hope that helps.

Ben
Old 08-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Gold Member

i new there was a reason i just thought that the start is so cool when the rooster tails instantly shoot to the sky when they drop that flag. thank you.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

peppers racing had the best looking wash crew ever in st claire