Notices

grandstanding

Old 08-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grandstanding

How about the muscle poker run boat blasting the shores of St. Clair this past saturday. Then diamond dave gets arrested, it wasn't all bad, he made some new friends in the shower and said he had the best back rub of his life. The charge..." GRANDSTANDING" or in translation, putting on a show for the fans. He needs to be stopped....we can't get the fans involved in this sport, we have enough problems as it is. The police were nice enough to drive him back to his camp and bought t-shirts too... this has to stop!
Old 08-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Re: grandstanding

i was sitting in the restaurant when they did that. i have to tell you it kinda ticked me off. they did 3 big full throttle donuts in front of the restaurant than did 3 more down by the spectator area. i would not have been so pissed but this was on a hot test course and their path did take them out to where boats were testing. grandstanding? putting on a show? just exactly what were they showing off? pretty lame guys . . . . its tough enough as it is. just my two cents

not trying to get on anyones bad side but c'mon guys do we really need this kinda stuff?
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-04-2006, 05:23 PM
BJM
Registered

Made an absolute Jack ass of himself and his team! As said, this was on a hot course
Old 08-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Registered

Diamond Dave thanks for the great time in the shower!! See you in 4 to 5 Bubba
Old 08-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

wel it might have been a bad decision to do it when he did, if he would have waited it would have been alright.
we still love ya dave !!
Old 08-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we were out on our boat at the same time time and it was confusing. At first we thought they were testing and tried to get out of their way, then we realized that it was the poker run boat, and they were showboating. HOWEVER from a fan perspective it was WAY COOL. The crowd was large on Saturday, so why not give them a show, after all that is what they came for. I think some organized showboating after or before testing would be a HUGE crowd favorite. I also think for the big guns that bring more than one boat and have sponsors to please it would be a great idea. Maybe a rooster tail parade would be cool, lets face it that's what the fans come for.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 08-06-2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Registered

diamond dave has always tried to bring the show and show is what this sport needs. if more teams brought it we would have more following.

hammer
Old 08-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave And Co. Brought Two Boats A Long Way To Help The Program. He Can Be Outrageous At Times But Ill Bet The Fans On The Shore Loved It. Did They Actually Endanger Anyone? If They Did I Guarantee You It Wasnt Intentional. Dave And Bruce Are Good Guys And We Are Fortunate To Have Them Racing In Oss.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered

does anyone have pics...
Old 08-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Registered

To add a little to this, at the drivers meeting,the Coast Guard Chief made a point of telling everybody to stay away from the seawall. As a race producer, BWORA is grateful to all of the teams that come at great expense, however, we must all cooperate with local public safety. The Coast Guard, St. Clair County Sheriff. The Ontario Provincial Police and St. Clair police all have worked with us to put on a safe event. Their requests are not unreasonable. BWORA does not like to see anybody penalized but course integrity and public safety must come first. We hope that this does not put a damper on anybody's St. Clair experience and hope to see you all here next year.
Steve Brunner
President BWORA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.