Notices

schedule

Old 11-14-2006, 06:25 AM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default schedule

Does anybody know when the 2007 schedule is coming out ?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Registered

Default Re: schedule

You can probably scratch Saint Clair off the list. Come on OSS this is one of your start up sites as well as the biggest race of the year other than the worlds dont let this get away!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:38 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oldracefan
You can probably scratch Saint Clair off the list. Come on OSS this is one of your start up sites as well as the biggest race of the year other than the worlds dont let this get away!
You can't be serious.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

why would OSS not attend St.Clair?
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

I wouldnt scratch off St Clair, just where they will fall into the schedule is probably a better question.

OSS will be starting the season in March in Biloxi, Mississippi. After missing a year due to Hurricane Katrina and the after affects. The Gulf coast has had some awesome racing, and next year should provide more of the same with Biloxi, Orange Beach and Destin, among some of the venues that will be on the schedule.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greers Ferry, Arkansas shows up in a Google search.

http://www.clintonchamber.com/boatrace/index.html

More information on Google
Old 11-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Registered

Google, what's that? Is it them little thangs....... j/k Originally the OSS Roar was somewhat of a subject to the local 'Bluehair's Club' but the Corp of Engineers put a stop to their BS. I talked with the organizer(Kitty) last week and everything is set for Greers Ferry.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

i guess that means a boat race will happen there as well. i guess doomsday isnt that close after all
Old 11-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete B
I wouldnt scratch off St Clair, just where they will fall into the schedule is probably a better question.

OSS will be starting the season in March in Biloxi, Mississippi. After missing a year due to Hurricane Katrina and the after affects. The Gulf coast has had some awesome racing, and next year should provide more of the same with Biloxi, Orange Beach and Destin, among some of the venues that will be on the schedule.

Pete, Saint Clair is the largerst race of the year and it will be the last weekend in July just like every other year no change in that. OPA will be there but like I said OSS will not be there. This to me sounds like a bunch of garbage. No hometown race for Reliable Carriers, man this sucks.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow sad to hear about this, St Clair is a charming but small town. However on race weekend the town was busting at the seams with people everywhere.

I don't understand promotions so I am never sure aside from the bars, restaurants, and hotels how the town makes money. This year I believe they did it different and turned the pits area over to a local events company that paid for nightly entertainment in return for the proceeds from beverage sales and tent rental. I will say that the company did spend a lot of money on the entertainment, clean up, and security out the wazzu. I wonder how the event company and the city of St Clair made out, I am assuming that will play a role in how much they want to throw OSS's way. Funding a race with no TV or admission must be hard. I was thinking that if St Clair would charge a small fee to get into the pit and viewing area, something like $5.00 a day or $10.00 for all three days, that would not be a lot per person but could turn into a nice chunk of change for the race organizations and the city. Hell I've paid more to get into a craft show

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 11-15-2006 at 11:05 AM.

Quick Reply: schedule

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.