Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
To Popeyes - I am proud.... >

To Popeyes - I am proud....

Notices

To Popeyes - I am proud....

Old 04-24-2007, 07:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Popeyes
I want to express my sincere and humble gratitude to the Roman brothers, The Hammer and Hollywood, Matt the Machine, and the rest of the Motly crew who are awe inspiring models for anyone who ever raced , dreamed of racing, or even follows or admires the sport. This team who came into a competitive sport with a plan, knowledge, the machine, dedication, and especially the skills, to compete , dominate and be an example of the American dream, They deserve the credit of being one of the, if not The best teams, in offshore for the first decade of the new millineum. I will tell you that in todays world of offshore you cannot buy the win. Say what you will about the glory days of the huge sea's , we raced in calm waters 30 years ago too. The difference today is that you have to be able to win in all conditions and these guy's have done just that. No dissrespect meant to anyone. Salute to you my friend's , you are still the team to beat. In the world of an even playing field you guys are scary. The fact is that any team out there at present could and will be on the top podium next race, it is that close. In this, my 190th offshore race, it is the one that will remain special to me. Thanks to my team, my throttleman (Dave the Snake), The other fantastic teams, Raymond& Avin, Wilma& Brian, Richie& Randy, George& Michael, The state of Arkansas, The OSS, and my sworn enemy's/good friends-The Crew. for being such an important facter in making the sport so special this weekend and in the future. Sorry about the speech on line, the opportunity is to rare to pass up. What a rush!! You had to be there.

Thanks
Stan
ps thanks to you too A.J.
Great post and important message to anyone who wants to know why we race. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Great job Stan and David .............on a long over do win, the crew should be scary in pickwick.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats To Stan And David, We Are Happy For You Guys. Scott And Ron You Guys Drove A Great Race Too. We Will Be In There Next Time, I Promise. What A Race Guys.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Job!

Say what you will about the glory days of the huge sea's , we raced in calm waters 30 years ago too. The difference today is that you have to be able to win in all conditions.

Stan
ps thanks to you too A.J.
Congrats! It's a breath of fresh air to see one of the way back when guy's still doing what he loves and doing it well. You are to be admired Stan for your continous dedication to our great sport. No sofa racing from your camp!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Registered

i dont think this group of racers know how to sofa race. fierce competion on the course, and we are all friends off. if you want a race, come on over and get in the mix. none of us are going anywhere, trust me. this class is the best racing in the world, close and fast. congrats again to stan and david, scott and ron,and everyone else in OSS catlite .
mike
Old 04-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by racesdad
i dont think this group of racers know how to sofa race. fierce competion on the course, and we are all friends off. if you want a race, come on over and get in the mix. none of us are going anywhere, trust me. this class is the best racing in the world, close and fast. congrats again to stan and david, scott and ron,and everyone else in OSS catlite .
mike
Wasn't referring to any group. I always see the old guy's basking in their glory and the modern racers just don't seem to get the respect they deserve because we didn't race to Bimini in the 80's. Stan is the KING of many eras , congrats again!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Registered

i agree. my statement had nothing to do with yours.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

Default Pickwick

You guys are giving more credit than due , but it REALLY makes me alive and proud to be a part of our world. Thanks for the respect fom the people who count the most! Boat Racers!!! I am buying in Pickwick. The competition is really scary.

sw
Old 04-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Registered

You guys are giving more credit than due , but it REALLY makes me alive and proud to be a part of our world. Thanks for the respect fom the people who count the most! Boat Racers!!! I am buying in Pickwick. The competition is really scary.

sw
pickwick should be scary, new teams coming to play too.
see ya there
mike
Old 04-27-2007, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job...to Stan and his crew!!!!Sounded wild on talkoffshore

Quick Reply: To Popeyes - I am proud....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.