4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Svl Orange Beach

Old 08-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,296 Likes on 3,704 Posts
Default Svl Orange Beach

Dogs days of summer will have to wait as OSS and POPRA host the "Thunder on the Gulf" Live bait will be Party Central!
but the gulf will be where the real action is, Defending OB winner Popeyes/Imco will be trying to prove they are a force to be, while the Screamin Eagle boys are ready for another chance at victory. Team Green Wild Ride are ready to battle after a slight mishap in Pickwick. they want the checkered! Typhoon with new bottom and regular driver stand a good chance to be on the podium. and never count out the Wild Card. With the campaign slogan of "United we Race" Mr POPRA will have the LaveyCraft and hope for some big water.
Will our presents be graced by Simply Awesome?? word also has it the Vortecs are welcome and Hometown Mortgage will be in Attendance. Could we also see the like of Mr. Miklos and company??? compelling questions that need to be answered! Could be a show no offshore fan wants to miss!
Old 08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

This will be too close to call! hope all the players show!!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even with the recent OSS Rules changes (Vortec engines allowed), I doubt you will see the undisputed best SVL boat of all time in OB.

My guess is that the real race could be in KW...depending on who has the gutational fortitude to challenge the Extreme boat records of Shan/Steve on Throttles and Desusieus as the omni-present Driver.

SVL in OB will undoubtablely be an exciting race...but nothing near a defining moment in SVL Offshore history.

Good luck to all the SVL teams going to OB...be safe...and let the best Team in attendance take home the checkered flag.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Ken, Steve is more than welcome to race with OSS at Orange beach. We all would love a shot at him to see who is king of the seas in 07 against the rest os the SVL fleet. If Steve doesnt want to race the rest of the fleet thats his call but you cant keep calling him the undisputed best team if we cant all get out at the same race. He would be the only SVL left in the United States that wont race with OSS. Steve and Gary are very talented and I pray this changes and we can all race together with all the best in one place.
MD
Old 08-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Steve wrote this class. He made it a place for a dying class at that time , Old "A''class, to fit in to the new APBA format of that time .
He did a good job ,didnt he ? Its still alive . After you took it from him ,you really didnt change anything .
How about some respect guys . He never dogs you . I know he would love to run you . But Remember ,he is STILL on his turf he built .
If someone someone stole youre house then invited you to to dinner , would you ? think about it .
My thought=s not steves
Its a open inviatation to race where a race is being held!
Just as Sarasota was a place to race, and the Popeye,s /IMCO showed up. The same goes with some other teams that have shown up to race because they want competition! There has been a ton work being done by various people to get everyone on the same page. the slogan is UNITED WE RACE.

Whether or not Miklos and crew show up it will be a event! Orange beach officials will make plesant for both teams and fans.

I am disapointed I will not be in Attendance!

to all be safe, good luck, and give the fans a show, they will not forget! and have a good time!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Steve wrote this class. He made it a place for a dying class at that time , Old "A''class, to fit in to the new APBA format of that time .
He did a good job ,didnt he ? Its still alive . After you took it from him ,you really didnt change anything .
How about some respect guys . He never dogs you . I know he would love to run you . But Remember ,he is STILL on his turf he built .
If someone someone stole youre house then invited you to to dinner , would you ? think about it .
My thought=s not steves
i guess chevy stole the car idea ford and ford stole, it from the stanely steamer too.
now, can we remember this
UNITED WE RACE
Old 08-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

steve try calling mike t about this. if they say it is so. you will be more than welcome . hell you can hang at our pit all weekend
mike
Old 08-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

[email protected]
Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

As I understand it , the entire class is allowing the Vortec's back. This was a class decision.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Steve, the rules are ammended and the vortec is legal in svl. I willhave it to you in writing if you are interested in attending, As far as the ecm inspection they are done by mercury check with them. With a $500 equip reg for the first race it seems if you want to race the course is ready! The wild ride team will cover your equip reg fees for the first race. Call me or pm if you need any info. The more boats the bigger the prize purse also. Looking forward to racing together someday.

Quick Reply: Svl Orange Beach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.