Notices

United we race???

Old 12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default United we race???

Hey Ron Poli, I know everyone was all excited about this 08 season with joint racing with OPA. You mentioned you were going to talk to Smitty on trying to make this happen. Any info on how the united thing is working? I sure would hate to blow another season due to you and Smittys lack of negotiation skills, us racers want it. Where are we at this point?
MD
Old 12-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

your funny md
Old 12-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

nice randy
Old 12-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Im sorry Tony you think this is funny. To many racer this is what we thought we were trying to work on for the whole 07 season. Speech after speech at all the OPA races and the AMF motto and stickers would have indicated to most that this is what most want. Here we are in the beginning of the 08 season making schedules. OSS thought maybe we could do some joint (united we race) races with OPA.
Unfortunantly we are back to square one and it does not look good on having any joint races. The reason: There isnt enough money to support a joint race. So until someone can come up with a sponsor to add to the existing race site it just cant happen financially. OPA has offered to open its doors to our racers at specific race sites ( not St. Clair ) and though it is greatly appreciated it would not help with the OSS financial obligations it needs to maintain.
Sooo the bottom line is money,money,money. How great would it be to have 75 plus boats at Ocean City,Point Pleasant and LI. I remember not to long ago we were lucky to have 15-20 at those sites. Now we have the boats and no money to bring the Big show
MD

PS This is my own opinion only after talking to both Smitty and Ron.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:44 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy, you are almost correct. I never said St Clair was off limits. I know the stuggles the OSS is having. We have been there. As you well know. When I took over the OPA we only had one paying race site. The problem is there are only a few sites that can handle joint racing. With our number of boats we need two races. Then OSS would need two races that makes four. Dont forget the Pro series is in for most of our events. You are probably talking 200.000 + an event. Way out of my league. Atlantic city is there for the picking. They want a race, and I have no room in the schedule. I will even help you guys get the permits. We ran it before it would be fairly simple to put together.

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 12-04-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Randy the problem is high overhead and low boat count..thats the problem don't you think..lower overhead would certainly help...why not race under OPA and ask smitty for some different infastructure to be put in place , that would make the most sense...what BIG SHOW are u talking about??? I'm all for racing together unfortunately otyhers didnt feel the same way...i agree its sad,but keep the lines of communication open and certainly remain open minded...
Old 12-04-2007, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Randy here's the deal. Pick a day next week, I will take you to Atlantic City. You and me are going to produce the site for OSS. I want you to see what is involved in one site. nevermind an entire schedule. If you are in, we will raise all the money, get all the permits, it's time to put your efforts where your mouth is. Common Mad Dog it's lots of fun. I already spoke to the city, they are in. Are you? I will only do this if Mad Dog is in. Smitty
Old 12-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't do it Randy
Old 12-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Man up Candy!!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
VIP Member

I called the Coast Guard, they said pick a date. Just not when they have the Air and Sea show.
The next call is the City Special Event planner. happens to be a friend of mine.

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 12-04-2007 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: United we race???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.