Notices

Thinking out loud???

Old 07-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Thinking out loud???

I am doing my schedule for Kenner and Orange Beach and thinking about the time in between. We have to fly the crew back and forth. Take off work 4 days to travel to both sites. and expenses to go with it. Im thinking if we do it again next year would it make more sense to do them back to back and just stay in the south? Cost wise it would help and we could plan our summer vacation for that period. It reminds me of the days when I used to race APBA worlds one week and SBI worlds the following week. It would be a 10 day summer feast with lots of racing and some down time with the family,2 sites close to each other. Just thinking out loud what do you all think.
MD
Old 07-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We try to give you guys some time between races to fix stuff and still work within the race producers time frame. Ideally, Kenner would have been a week earlier but they big Gun Show took up all the parking.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Randy, you scare me when you think to much....
Old 07-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Registered

Exactly what I was thinking....
Old 07-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Randy? Think? Are You Kidding?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

With all the races in August I will have to miss one, because that is a lot of time, and money in one month. 2 in a row could never happpen for me
Old 07-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

Talking

Lets just add one more and take the month off!!!!??????.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Registered

Lets start a month early and only do 1 a month!!!!
Ron short of major fiberglass repair or rolling the boat Anything can be replaced in 3-4 days! Heck the X site for Merc is just down the road if needed. Somehow all the boats get fixed at the worlds.
MD
Old 07-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Registered

My only thought was about time and cost to teams. If you do both races in the same area and separate them by 2 weeks vs back to back. Break out a calender and see how many days you will need off work and the cost to transport crew and equipment.
Im all for 1 race every 4 weeks but thats not always possible. This may never happen again but if the opportunity did and you had a year to plan it in advance what makes more since?
MD
Old 07-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

From Preston Pooser, the Orange Beach Parks and Recreation Director:

"Race boats can be stored at the Orange Beach Sportsplex from August 5 through the 11th, 2008. It is our understanding that after that date they will be moved to the Race Village at the Wharf.

Please contact Danny Martin, Park Superintendent at 251-747-5525 to assist the crews and instruct them where to secure their boats. I'm sure that the race and corresponding events will be a huge success. Good luck and we look forward to working with you."

Sam said the Sportsplex is fenced and locked and can accommodate all the boats, trailers and haulers.

Quick Reply: Thinking out loud???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.