Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
2008 OSS  Offshore Worlds Cancelled. >

2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Notices

2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for you randy . I hope you make it . I really do .
Too bad one of youre team has openly already given up .
geeze a lawn chair and a bar stool ? while he has the best of the phantoms in youre parking lot !

Well some do ,and some are bruce .LOL
I think he's scared of The " WHITE " boat .
Old 09-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
May have raised more money tonight for the SVL class.
MD
Randy I got ur team covered and if u call me on the phone I'll help u get the rest of them covered. Are u coming to cambridge ? if not we'll sit down in LOTO. Yep I'm going to loto. And did I happen to mention that I was in sarasota . ! OH WAIT AND THIS ONE TIME IN BAND CAMP THIS RACER WENT TO ANY RACE HE FELT LIKE CUZ POLITICS ARE LIKE CANCER and he raced in spec & bracket racing. he even likes getting in batboats
Old 09-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GARBAGEMAN
Randy I got ur team covered and if u call me on the phone I'll help u get the rest of them covered. Are u coming to cambridge ? if not we'll sit down in LOTO. Yep I'm going to loto. And did I happen to mention that I was in sarasota . ! OH WAIT AND THIS ONE TIME IN BAND CAMP THIS RACER WENT TO ANY RACE HE FELT LIKE CUZ POLITICS ARE LIKE CANCER and he raced in spec & bracket racing. he even likes getting in batboats
Yeah but ........should TOM share the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ ??
Old 09-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dont,lie,to,me
Yeah but ........should TOM share the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ ??
OH YEA !! and I still think Tom should split the $$$ with me !!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I will see you in Cambridge. Thanks in advance for thinking about our class.
MD
Old 09-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered

If Canada ever took off...CNE like AB said, but change the course so their not 20 mile's out into lake Ontario for 5 minutes. More advertising...I think that was a huge mistake in 05! OSS didn't do enough marketing, get the media involved...get the mayor involved...hell, I'll even throw up a $5,000 donation to OSS charity of choice.

Other places to look into....Horseshoe Bay, right out in front of Vancover, BC .....Confederation Basin, out in front of Kingston, Ontario [Ask Aqua Mania out of Alex Bay if the St, Lawrence is good].....somewhere in Montreal? Maybe not even Canada but northern states...just spread it out a little. 9 races in Florida is great for Floridians but the rest of North America suffers!

Goodluck everyone in Key West, be safe, race hard
This one is dedicated to Aero Express
United we race

I just rented a place in Sandestin, Florida...just outside Panama City for 5 months [Nov - March] ...To bad there's no race around then

Last edited by cauzmik; 09-18-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o25887-en.html

Who wants to go racing in 09?
We will call it Flat "Water" Broke
Old 09-18-2008, 11:21 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

That reminds me of Speed Racer boat!

Chris
Old 09-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,740 Likes on 3,796 Posts

Originally Posted by cauzmik
If Canada ever took off...CNE like AB said, but change the course so their not 20 mile's out into lake Ontario for 5 minutes. More advertising...I think that was a huge mistake in 05! OSS didn't do enough marketing, get the media involved...get the mayor involved...hell, I'll even throw up a $5,000 donation to OSS charity of choice.

Other places to look into....Horseshoe Bay, right out in front of Vancover, BC .....Confederation Basin, out in front of Kingston, Ontario [Ask Aqua Mania out of Alex Bay if the St, Lawrence is good].....somewhere in Montreal? Maybe not even Canada but northern states...just spread it out a little. 9 races in Florida is great for Floridians but the rest of North America suffers!

Goodluck everyone in Key West, be safe, race hard
This one is dedicated to Aero Express
United we race

I just rented a place in Sandestin, Florida...just outside Panama City for 5 months [Nov - March] ...To bad there's no race around then
The 05 OSS race, had a race producer, he is responsible for the advertising and such, and seeing he skipped out of paying for other items he was suppose to provide,leaving OSS to foot the bill.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
I think it is more about give and take than the money. Some may say who cares its just 8-10 boats. example of take why is there an 850 class when the has never been a 850 boat race in SBI. Idon't have a problem with adding an 850 classbut when asked to compromise on other issues its a no way. There would be no 850s if there was no OSS. Thats what I don't get.

Money whats $2000 when it going to cost $10,000 min all week. Well thats what it would cost me.

8-10 boats for boat count really no big deal counting the dollars. If Kyle Petty won Daytona cause Johnson, Gordon and Stewart didn't show up what would someone think about the victory. Say what you want about OSS but all the boats are on top of there game, but that really only influences a couple of classes.

When I see some comprimise it would be to make the sport better for us racer, till than Its about the money, and I can't support that. Thats my opinon, what it means nothing, and has no influence from the great split of 03
Just because thats always the way its been, doesn't mean that it's the way it has to be.

"There would be no 850s if there was no OSS" why is there a 850 class ???
there would no 850 class if mercury wasn't behind them.

instead of *****in about paying sbi like the rest of us why not ask mercury to give some "merc dollars" towards the fees.

this wouldn't be fair to the rest of us who have paid are fees.

Quick Reply: 2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.