Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
2008 OSS  Offshore Worlds Cancelled. >

2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Notices

2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim....I agree with you....it takes a lot of man power to staff a race with safety and all.....especailly with 3 days of racing with 75+ boats....thats why I don't get all the hipe....

I hope you guys are coming down to race....
Old 09-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Aqua.....we all pay crew fee's and equipment fee's....nothing has changed in the last oh..20+ years...
again....instead of trying to fight something that 80% of the racers are agreeing to ....maybe try to raise the money to get you guys there....again...all the orgs are following the rules and paying....

And this is only a sugestion....if OSS wants to set a new rule with no equipment fee's or membership fee's I think your Org would be a great place to start next year...I think OPA started a great example of only $650 equipment fee's and 150 crew member fee's....and no entre fee's to any team with prize money....

All the Orgs can do is set by example....

So are you in to try to rasie the money to get to Key West that you will show.....

Just really wanted to know what the point is of reg fees? I know they have had them for many years, but why?

For the Worlds I see all orgs (OSS, OPA, POPRA) are being penalized $$$ for not racing SBI. It might not make sense to you but If it is the Worlds equal for everyone just a entry fee.

Not this year. I have other reasons
Old 09-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered

Pete...I really wounder if you have a agenda here....

Do the math......right now JC will have 70+ boats paying all fee's....

If JC dose a flat.....do you really think the OSS racers are all that to get a flat fee or would everyone get a flat fee....I would think it would be everyone would get a flat fee other then the SBI/APBA racers...which means all those teams that are willing to pay the full amount will not have to now...which means JC will not make anywere near what he already has commetted right now....

You must have an agenda....do the math...right now he is only loosing about 30k and 8 boats that won't show...your way....he gains 8 boats and looses 100k.....
Old 09-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Registered

All this Bullchitting among ourselves aint gonna change nothin.........And its getting boring as hell

Bottom line..............

If you want to play....You have to pay

lets move on?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered

Aqua....sorry you feel that way....but we all are intitle to our opion......like I said.....you have the power to raise the money and come to Key West....or don't come to K.W.

But AB makes a statement that we all need to work with each other....what is it you are willing to work on to come to K.W, .....what paying a little money...which JC has to pay for your safety....and which you get to race for 3 days...and get prise money....
What is it that you guys are bring to the table that JC dose not alreay have coming to K.W.....what 8 or so more boats....

I would think you guys would appreacate a little more how hard it is to put on a race...since St pete would to foot the bill for you guys....times are tough...we all know that....we should be happy we have a great place to race.....

An thats just my opion.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 09-16-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
Just really wanted to know what the point is of reg fees? I know they have had them for many years, but why?

For the Worlds I see all orgs (OSS, OPA, POPRA) are being penalized $$$ for not racing SBI. It might not make sense to you but If it is the Worlds equal for everyone just a entry fee.

Not this year. I have other reasons
I see it like that too.

Gino is counting JCs money.

Pete is looking for justice.

JC takes the money and runs.

OOHHH ooh take the money and run.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered

I for one would always attend the Key West World's. I think without doubt Key West is THE best Place to race. Key West is an SBI event so even though it would be nice for other orgs teams to pay less to race there in the end it's still an SBI event. Now this year OSS will have dropped 2 races so the OSS teams will not have spent the money to attend two, races so lets just alll go to Key West and RACE.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

From what i understand JC did whats" fair" for all who attended last year..how is it fair to cuts some peoples costs and not others....I know its tough to swallow but I think the guys being fair. Hell , I dont want to pay anything..free for all sounds the best...Its KEY WEST John will always run it fellas...in other words HES the BOSS.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,736 Likes on 3,794 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Pete...I really wounder if you have a agenda here....

Do the math......right now JC will have 70+ boats paying all fee's....

If JC dose a flat.....do you really think the OSS racers are all that to get a flat fee or would everyone get a flat fee....I would think it would be everyone would get a flat fee other then the SBI/APBA racers...which means all those teams that are willing to pay the full amount will not have to now...which means JC will not make anywere near what he already has commetted right now....

You must have an agenda....do the math...right now he is only loosing about 30k and 8 boats that won't show...your way....he gains 8 boats and looses 100k.....
Sorry, Gino
No agenda, other than seeing a unified worlds before I lose all intrest!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered

Jim....I'm not counting JC's money....

I see what it takes to put on a race...
I see that JC has been doing this for 29 years...
I see that I have been paying fee's to race the Worlds since I started racing....
I see the same people always pointing fingures on why our sport is not growing....
I see there is only one Worlds being run this year....
I see that your not allowed to make money at your busniess....

And most importantly.......I see 75+ boats in Key West this year.....
The only thing I'm counting is the days to Key West....

Last edited by MANITIE; 09-16-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.