Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
2008 OSS  Offshore Worlds Cancelled. >

2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Notices

2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There we go...there is another SVL team....

Who knows who else will be able to come up with some money.....its over a month away....plenty of time.....
Old 09-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Please save this thread and post the 75 plus teams in KW this year after the event. In fact please show the list of the teams you think are going if you can.

SBI 20 teams?
OPA 15 teams?
OSS 5 teams?
POPRA 5 teams?

Of these there will be more than halph of them in P class producing way less revenue then spec classes.
MD
I think I counted 70 last year

http://www.superboat.com/docs/07%20W...ampionship.pdf

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 09-16-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Please save this thread and post the 75 plus teams in KW this year after the event. In fact please show the list of the teams you think are going if you can.

SBI 20 teams?
OPA 15 teams?
OSS 5 teams?
POPRA 5 teams?

Of these there will be more than halph of them in P class producing way less revenue then spec classes.
MD

Well...with that said...it looks like it will only be 45 boat this year guys.....What a bummer.....Man...you even left out your old race buddys from the Super Cat Series...

Bruce...if there was 70 last year...I guess the numbers above will put us 18 boats short of last years numbers....

Last edited by MANITIE; 09-16-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by backto'03?
You know you love me

Don't worry ,I usually only last a couple days .

I hope you bring your'e boat . I'll help you get in LOL
See ? That didnt take long .

Hey Speedgirl I can do this all day This fun to me LOL
Old 09-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Just received an email from the Offshore Super Series announcing the cancellation or their 2008 Offshore Worlds. Read in the email that "OSS met with the Conch Republic Powerboat Racing organization in Key West and attempted to put a deal together, that would allow OSS boats to compete this year in Key West for a Unified Worlds Championship but the offer was rejected. We have the devastation from Hurricane IKE, Stock Markets crashing, Gas prices sky rocketing and races being cancelled because of the economy and lack of sponsor's. If there was ever a time that all racers and Race Associations should bury the hatchet and work together, it is now. What has happened in the past is the past and it is time to get over it. It doesn't make any difference to me and most race fans, who made the mistakes or who is to blame. What is important now is that everyone get together and work to strengthen the sport, holding grudges will only continue to destroy the sport till there is hardly anyone left racing and it will never grow. It is in the hands of all the racers and owners who call the shots because without you there is no Sanctioned racing. Tourism is hurt, sponsors and the boating industry is hurt and right now no one needs to be hurt any more then they are now. For those of you who don't think this bull**** squabbling is not hurting the sport think again, it is killing it. I just can't believe that, this mentality of holding a grudge is allowed to continue and tolerated by most racers and the race fans. I don't know what happened in the talks and really don't care except for the fact that there was an opportunity to finally race together and that chance was blown away by possibly ego's and hatred which will destroy the credibility of the sport in the future. United We Race is not just a slogan it is the future of the sport and for those of you that don't get it, I feel sorry for you because without it the sport will be nothing like it should be and you can take credit for it. No one wants to go and see a handful of boats racing, they want to see a lot of boat's racing and making it exciting and not boring and if you don't get together it will end up being boring. Racers, owner's, sponsors and race fans it's up to you, where Offshore Powerboat Racing is going to go now and in the future.
I agree 100%.This scenario has been part of offshore powerboat racing for close to 20 years...APBA,NPBA,OPT,PROPS,USO,SBI,OPA,OPS,OSS... etc.The result of this nonsense is obvious;as every aspect of our sport has suffered.What we really need to move this sport forward is complete unification.
One sanctioning body.It is the only way.If CART and IRL can resolve their differences for the betterment of indy car racing..why cant SBI,OSS and OPA become one for the betterment of offshore powerboat racing?
If that were to happen,I think everyone would benefit in a big way.After all,what happened to "United We Race"?

Last edited by 1waterboy1; 09-17-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pete,

I luv the Post you did in line #34. So very true. Let's see who can figure it out.

Hope you are going to LOTO!!!!!

Ray
Old 09-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I never thought that this post would spark so much discussion in one day, isn't anybody working?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Aqua....sorry you feel that way....but we all are intitle to our opion......like I said.....you have the power to raise the money and come to Key West....or don't come to K.W.

But AB makes a statement that we all need to work with each other....what is it you are willing to work on to come to K.W, .....what paying a little money...which JC has to pay for your safety....and which you get to race for 3 days...and get prise money....
What is it that you guys are bring to the table that JC dose not alreay have coming to K.W.....what 8 or so more boats....

I would think you guys would appreacate a little more how hard it is to put on a race...since St pete would to foot the bill for you guys....times are tough...we all know that....we should be happy we have a great place to race.....

An thats just my opion.....
please tell me what is the safety? how many helo's ? how many divers? on course support?
safety is an issue. always will be.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
From what i understand JC did whats" fair" for all who attended last year..how is it fair to cuts some peoples costs and not others....I know its tough to swallow but I think the guys being fair. Hell , I dont want to pay anything..free for all sounds the best...Its KEY WEST John will always run it fellas...in other words HES the BOSS.
NO ONE SAID FREE! WE WANTED TO WORK TOGETHER! WE NEED TO !
REMEMBER "UNITED WE RACE"
ITS GOOD FOR THE SPORT. I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED FOR 20 YEARS AND IT IS THE SAME OLD CRAP. WORK TOGETHER AND WE ALL WILL BENEFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by racesdad; 09-16-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
I never thought that this post would spark so much discussion in one day, isn't anybody working?
This is because what you posted is what many people have been thinking for many years.

Quick Reply: 2008 OSS Offshore Worlds Cancelled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.