Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
OSS 2011 Season Announced >

OSS 2011 Season Announced

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default OSS 2011 Season Announced

Thanks to all for your patience !!!!

2011 Schedule and 2011 APBA Rule Book Announced
For Immediate Release
April 1, 2011

The Offshore Super Series (OSS) has released their 2011 schedule. OSS will be joining Powerboat P1 USA at several venues, including classes within the P1 format under the sanction of the American Power Boat Association (APBA) and the Union Internationale Motonautique (UIM). The 2011 APBA Offshore Rule Book, approved by the Offshore Commission, is available for download at www.apba-racing.com/downloads.html#RULES The 2011 OSS Club Rule Books will be posted and available under Racers Resources at www.offshoresuperseries.com All race teams are welcome to come and share in the excitement as offshore racing enters into this new era.

“Whereas we are still working on a couple sites, we realized we had to get at least this partial schedule announced. I would especially like to thank Martin Sanborn, Managing Director of P1 USA, and everyone involved for their hard work and dedication that went into making this schedule possible. We look forward to announcing the other sites very soon and appreciate everyone’s patience.” said Michael (Mike) Mares, OSS Board Chairman.

The season will kickoff in Biloxi, Mississippi with Smokin’ the Sound (STS) 2011 on May 12 – 15. This event is always an incredible race weekend that draws over 40,000 race fans to cheer on their favorite teams. Saturday will feature a Smokin’ Poker Run. This year, Stu Jones and the Florida Powerboat Club will be on hand with their impressive collection of go-fast boats. VIP tickets can be purchased to gain access to the Race Village and special viewing areas. In addition to numerous vendors, Race Village provides the unique experience of seeing the race boats up close, visit with the racers and crew members, collect autographs and your favorite team’s racing souvenirs. For more information on STS or the Smokin’ Poker Run, please visit their web site www.smokinthesound.com

2011 Racing Schedule

May 12-15 Smokin’ the Sound Biloxi, MS.
June 10-12 TBA
July 8-10 Detroit, MI.
August 18-20 Morehead City, NC.
September 2-4 TBA
September 16-18 Hoosier Offshore Classic, Lake Monroe,
Bloomington, IN.
October 12-16 TBA

Powerboat P1 USA is the U.S. based subsidiary of Powerboat P1 Management Ltd. for more information, please visit www.powerboatp1.com or call 252-493-0138.

The OSS is a not for profit association dedicated to the advancement of the further development and growth of offshore powerboat racing in North America. For more information, please visit our web site at www.offshoresuperseries.com or call 817-845-4938.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Ryan!

Thanks for posting you schedule. What classes will be running on July 8-10, at the Detroit Gold-Cup Races and will any of your members be racing at the St. Clair River Classic or the Sarnia/Port Huron Race?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Typhoon will be at most if not all !!!! I have been on the phone and it looks like the SVL class is getting ready for the season opener. Thank you to the OSS/P1 staff for putting this together. Now its up to us racers to show our appreciation and get to them.
I have never been to Morehead and cant wait to race with my old friend Jeff Mcann.
Another true story, Aprox 2001 Reggie put on a race at his factory in NC. I believe we broke the 100 boat count with APBA again at that race and Mike A. was so excited. I also believe that was the race he had to say goodby to his old friend Gene Whip. There wasnt a dry eye in the room. Back to the race there was this new team pulling into the pits. I remember looking at this guy towing in a 20 something Donzi that was blue and it said on the side "The Postman" Me and Trophy Bit$h looked at each other and said who is this stroker? Well he parked accross from us and in our normal way we went over and intoduced ourselves. It turns out its his first race and he is not sure what class to race in. He said the boat could do like 90 MPH. I told him to dummy up and try and get in the lowest class as possible. He said but It will go 90 mph. Well its hard to teach a southerner anything and before you new it the word was out about this 90 mph Donzi. Well that got him placed in a 90 MPH class against cats in his first race. I still laugh to this day thinking about watching him on the first lap. 2 guys getting the $hit kicked out of them in a 22' Donzi sitting on box's in 90 mph class. Needless to say they didnt do so well but I was so proud of them and there attitude. The name of the owner and driver/throttleman is Jeff Mcann. And it just so happens that Jeff who 10 years later still cant shake to racing bug. And it just so happens that its the same Jeff that puts on the race in Morehead and races in big bad a$$ race boats. To this day we still talk all the time and have made a life friendship. The moral of the story is you just have no idea who your next best friend could be.
You the man Jeff !!!!!!! Friends for life.
Randy
Old 04-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't be surprised to see THE MAILMAN racing in August...only with seats in her now! Look forward to seeing you Randy.

DJ
Old 05-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Randy,you are my friend for life. I felt that way when i met you in Key west. I think your boat was Burgendy and white. After You told how much fun it was I had to try it. 13 years later we are still Great friends. Who knows what would be if I didn't see you there. I said to myself, if he can do it so can I. I watched you get the crap BEAT out of you, it was big, I don't know if I should hug you or shoot you, Thanks Randy, hope to see you in august. For the record, It's the Mailman, And I need a lesson in SAND BAGGING. It's hard to sand bag when you have a Griffin Big Block sticking out of the hood.
Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Typhoon will be at most if not all !!!! I have been on the phone and it looks like the SVL class is getting ready for the season opener. Thank you to the OSS/P1 staff for putting this together. Now its up to us racers to show our appreciation and get to them.
I have never been to Morehead and cant wait to race with my old friend Jeff Mcann.
Another true story, Aprox 2001 Reggie put on a race at his factory in NC. I believe we broke the 100 boat count with APBA again at that race and Mike A. was so excited. I also believe that was the race he had to say goodby to his old friend Gene Whip. There wasnt a dry eye in the room. Back to the race there was this new team pulling into the pits. I remember looking at this guy towing in a 20 something Donzi that was blue and it said on the side "The Postman" Me and Trophy Bit$h looked at each other and said who is this stroker? Well he parked accross from us and in our normal way we went over and intoduced ourselves. It turns out its his first race and he is not sure what class to race in. He said the boat could do like 90 MPH. I told him to dummy up and try and get in the lowest class as possible. He said but It will go 90 mph. Well its hard to teach a southerner anything and before you new it the word was out about this 90 mph Donzi. Well that got him placed in a 90 MPH class against cats in his first race. I still laugh to this day thinking about watching him on the first lap. 2 guys getting the $hit kicked out of them in a 22' Donzi sitting on box's in 90 mph class. Needless to say they didnt do so well but I was so proud of them and there attitude. The name of the owner and driver/throttleman is Jeff Mcann. And it just so happens that Jeff who 10 years later still cant shake to racing bug. And it just so happens that its the same Jeff that puts on the race in Morehead and races in big bad a$$ race boats. To this day we still talk all the time and have made a life friendship. The moral of the story is you just have no idea who your next best friend could be.
You the man Jeff !!!!!!! Friends for life.
Randy