Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
Much BIGGER turn markers. >

Much BIGGER turn markers.

Notices

Much BIGGER turn markers.

Old 07-09-2003, 08:57 AM
mikejill

Cool Deal...

I will make a deal with you.....
My business is being turned into a mail order catalog....
If it has a suceessful month this month, and your boat is still for sale... I will buy it as a gift for mike. Its his dream....

I have to go for now...
I have to go get some blood tests done. I found a lump on my spine and was in pain the whole trip. I have to get tests done. Wish me luck!

Jill
PS> I KNOW!!!! We got back to the room and crashed. We wanted to meet up in Savannah but same story. We will be in Key West and the Bahammas... Meet us there and we will treat both of you. I got home that night in Daytona and I was like "COOL! Were going to dinner " and then..> SNORE....

APBA kills us!
If you want us to go faster next time yell... but be careful... Mike scared the hell out of the medic and diver Saturday. He took off on those choppy seas and for a few miles, the only thing in the water was the prop (if we were lucky!) I never seen two people turn so white.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy,
I agree with you. They should be BIGGER! It is hard to see out of my boat as it is.
Ben, Didn't we get lost in Sarasota a few years back?? LOL.
Mike & Jill, The red and white Donzi you are talking about belongs to Bobby Fisher, he is "Just Browseing" on this board.
BG XO
Old 07-09-2003, 04:21 PM
packinair

nascar drivers have a considerable amount of skill. one thing they don't have to look for is the turn. Can you imagine if they did. We are bouncing around in our boat's they aren't. In savannah my helmet felt two sizes too big as did Randy's. My fear is someone getting hurt. I love competition but at what cost. In approximately 85 races I had two boat's turn right in front of me I'll never forget it. how I missed them I can't tell you . I'ts time for larger pillows I know I'ts offshore racing and It will never be completely safe but this is a step in the right direction .I saw someone say navigate I've navigated my 32 foot go fast from NJ to longisland at nite in the fog . in a 27 foot boat going 80+ over waves youre luckey to see any gauges.let alone GPS LORAN COMPAS ECT

Old 07-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Registered

Jill,
The Screamin Nuts driver is, Bob Mazikowski (sp?). He owns TurnKey Marine in Beauford, GA which is at Lake Lanier outside of Atlanta. I only have his cell phone and I'd better not give it out, but I'm sure he is in the book. Super guy too...

Karen (BG),
Yes we were "lost as last years easter egg", and I think it was Sarasota. Huhhhh, I think you were "driving" and I was on the throttles...

cya, ben
Old 07-09-2003, 06:30 PM
mikejill

I always scared to death when you guys race. I pray before and after (for the race and the trip home) that you all make it safe...

They need to find ways to make it safer. I know most people hate the idea that it would take from the sport, but they need special gear. I always worry... If I am at an event and you guys need something to drink or sunscreen...ect Give me a yell. I worry about you guys every time we go out. If we have it in the boat.... just ask! Next time I MUST remember WATER!!!!!

Hell... We ride on the baja... I always get whiplash. And thats a 25 footer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can only imagine what its like to ride on one of those. If anyone wants to take me and Mike for a ride next time... give us a yell.
I thought about asking Dirty Duck, SUperman or WHM... but I was too Chicken.

Went to the Doctor today... Will let you guys know what happens...

Jill

Old 07-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Jill,

Give us a shout at the next race, we would be glad to give you a ride in a One Design Boat or maybe even the new 39 MTI Supercat Light.

[email protected]

I also have Fishers contact info, he was our 2002 One Design National Champion.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Registered

Good luck Jill, We'll pray for you
Old 07-09-2003, 07:33 PM
mikejill

Default Cool

That woudl be awesome.
I asked Dave Scott what it was like... he said it was a rush. He just kept saying over and over.. "words can't describe it". He was really nice to us. Sat there for a good 15 minutes showing us his car and boats. BUt then again... almost every racer has done that to us. We can't say how thankful we are that you guys let us help and answer our questions. YOure the BEST!

I will be buying a new camera. I am Awesome at photography. I will get you some GREAT in action 8x10's for your kindness.
Im looking at a nice Telephoto lense...
The last camera I bought I spend 2000.00 for it and dropped it in the ocean. "If they have safety straps... USE THEM!"
Its somewhere off the coast of N Carolina. Somewhere near Avon.
Before I lost the camera I used it in the plane. I have a great shot of cape hatteras right above the restricted area.... its sweet.
I should start selling my pictures.. but Im too good of a person.. i usually just give them away...

We will be working the races in Sept. and Nov. I can't wait to see everyone again. All of the racers were SOOO sweet. I never expected it. I asked Dave Scott in daytona if I could climb on his boat for a pic and got an aweome image...
I will have a site up by the end of next week with photos... I have daytona and savannah... I tried uploading here but it wouldnt let me.

heheheheheh
Hugs
Jill & Mike

Old 07-10-2003, 06:33 AM
shoregasm

Only one way to say it, safety....

This really has nothing to do with skill.... If you look at them up close they look really old and faded.... No matter what anyone says it is very hard to see them, and at Savanna, I saw several boats vear off at the last min to catch one. This is a problem.

If you look at some of the divisionals, they are larger and brighter...Makes for a much safer run

Dave

P4-14
Cast Off Racing
(formally team offshoregasm)

Old 07-10-2003, 07:09 AM
mikejill

Default Markers

They put the turn boats there/ party boats to help... but even then its tough.

Mike and I love getting close... but lately weve been afraid. I had a few boats buzz us.
(not upset about it... actually enjoyed seeing them close.)

Jill

Quick Reply: Much BIGGER turn markers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.