Notices

Need .5-.8 MPH

Old 08-26-2003, 01:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give me a call when you are free - I have an Idea, but am not sure of all the rules in F1.

Chris
Old 08-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Registered

MD...as you know the last 1-3 is VERY hard to get!...no one's going to give ya the answers that easy either!...

"Thats why they work so well on F-2 "..they do???

anyway randy has to use the sport master,,,he has a 525...and his x is limited to 3 1/4.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Registered

On behalf of Randy:

X-dim: Right up there. Further up, and there would be hell to pay. (I have the same boat with the same engine. On mine, X 1" higher plus 7" setback due to ITS: No change.)

Bottom: You bet it's straight. It's a Kryptonite. (And we checked.)

CG: They had it on a sling, at least prior to Milwaukee.

Slip factor: Dunno, but that would be straightforward to calculate. Kirk?

Prop: I believe they ran the 27" 5 blade Hydromotive, labbed by T-Up. I have same and it hits the rev limiter at around 5350.

I have a 29 Hydro on order. Most likely it will be good for 0.8 mph (or more) in calm water.

Apart from a 29 Hydro 5 blade, all the obvious routes have already been considered, I believe. Kirk Rogers, owner of Kryptonite and my (much) better half on P4-99, does prop calculations as his pasttime.

The sandpaper route (unless it's 80grit or coarser) may rise the ire of the judges.

Last edited by Peconic; 08-26-2003 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:18 PM
xtremeracingf1

I dont know how fast he is running but the math works out to be 80.25 MPH if he is spinning a 27 at 5350 RPM.
He should try a 30 4blade Hydromotive lab,he should have no problem turning either a 28 or a 29 and I'm sure he will have a much better results then the 5 blade.

Frank
Koolhand

Old 08-26-2003, 02:21 PM
xtremeracingf1

Randy,

You might want to bring it to LakeX that might be the quickest and easiest way to see what you really have. Unfortunately it just takes time,I took almost 2 yrs. to get where we are .5 mph at a time.
Let me know and I'll make a few calls for you and get it setup.

Frank
koolhand

Old 08-26-2003, 03:16 PM
Registered

Frank: It actually works out for some miles more, remember, it's the 5blader, and the Hydro pitch is measured differently than the Bravo pitch. I yield to Randy for exact nums.

Lake X: I've been saying that for quite some time.

4blade: He has a 4blade Hydro, it was the one that was temporarily incarcerated by APBA in Savannah. I don't remember the pitch.

Last edited by Peconic; 08-26-2003 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:34 PM
BJM
Registered

Candy
I think Bruce may have said it best. Get an Activator. Since Activator was intrduced to Factory-1 APBA the second race of the 2001 Season the results are something like this. Activator-13 wins Warlock-4 wins, Kryptonite 2 wins, Phantom1 win, Lavey 1 win(not really) Just givin you more to think about Candy. I hope you find the speed and make things competitive again. Good luck as always. These #'s are from thinking back over the last few years, I may be off 1 here or there.

Your best Buddy B.J.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:26 PM
Registered

Priarie Dog,
I told Glenn I have a 3 props 2 that are brand new and lab finished if you want to try them. I don't know what speed you ran in Sarasota but the fastest are GPS read was 80.4 MPH, I only seen 80 a couple of times but we where running 76 to 77 mph in most of the turns, its not the accelertion coming out of the turn because Mark had the throttle wide open in most of the turns we even seen 78 in some of the turns, that boat just hugs the turns great and if you let it eat and carrie the speed coming out of the turns you loose just a little speed.
Go luck, and see you at the next race.I have a fast Fountain for sale.
Gino
Old 08-26-2003, 06:18 PM
BJM
Registered

Gino

Congradulations on your soon to be official National Championship, you guys are smokin right now and I don't see anybody beating you guys anytime soon. Keep kickin ass!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:26 PM
Registered

Thanks BJ,
You need to be back out here....I think I can talk Lute into running you and him in my Fountain....It's the best, I'v seen some of the nice's clouds in the sky while Lute was racing with me... you also get a great view of the race, I have some good conections with the AFLAC Rep.
Gino

Quick Reply: Need .5-.8 MPH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.