Notices

Key West news

Old 09-16-2003, 09:14 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not all about money, it's also about rules.

APBA has worked hard to bring parity to the race course. Not Mills wants to rewrite the rules for this one race. No F2, Super Vee, P3, P2, PV, all twin engine vees will run together regardless of anything other than having two engines in the bilge.

Supercats vs Supercat light vs PX boats like Baccardi, all racing against each other. Can you see what's wrong with this picture?

And a class for Turbine Cat? I haven't seen too many of them racing, have you?

Single engine V
Twin Engine V
Twin Outboard Catamaran
Triple Outboard Catamaran
Catamaran
Turbine Catamaran
Old 09-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Registered

Amateur hour.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Registered

SCREW THEM ALL, I SAY WE ALL VACATION IN KEY WEST AND SPEND OUR MONEY PARTYING AND ON OUR SELFS NOT THE PEOPLE CAUSING ALL OF THIS CHIT

I AGREE WITH BJ THIS IS THE BEGGING OF THE END FOR APBA

KEVIN
Old 09-16-2003, 09:56 AM
Registered

I'll admit I'm not as current as some other folks on this board - can someone give me the reader's digest version? Who's this Lee Mills character? Isn't he the guy that used to be married to Farah Fawcett? And if he needs some cash, maybe he could sell off some of those spare bionic parts - 6 million in 1970's money has got to be worth some serious change these days, what with inflation and all.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Registered

i just got off the phone with lee mills. he said i could post info on what we discussed. i don't want to be in the middle, but here are a few non-confrontational statements from the conversation.

1) lee said that he has paid the sanction fee. there is more to this that i don't want to go into.

2) he will make a public statement by the end of the week. maybe in a day or so.

3) the races will be run using apba rules as the guidelines. this also means the classes racing will be the same classes that run in apba.

looks like the line has been drawn and people will need to decide wich race they will participate in.

hopefully mike a and lee will make their statements and we will be able to decide for ourselves.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Registered

Default Re: I know nothing

Originally posted by Wazzup Racing
I'll race in Egypt if they have a puddle, but a lot of people dont feel the same way. work it out MEN!
Great metaphor. And from the spectator standpoint, we'd go watch you race in the Egyptian Puddle..........
Old 09-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Registered

Screw this, I cannot believe that I bought a race boat.

POPRA cancel's 40% of their races this year (granted only two races), we spend an enourmous amount of time planning to come to the Worlds and the race is moved?????

I just spent the last four months convincing my wife that we could vacation and race during the same week. Bought a new 40' diesel pusher motorhome to make the trip in, got a driver (my brother, no way will he go if the race is in Alabama) lined up and now the race changes sites.

The good news is I had not yet purchaed my unrefundable plane tickets on Expedia (that was on my agenda to do today).

This is why the sport is going to have trouble growing.

Maybe I need to move to Michigan as the only "stable" group in offshore racing appears to be the Great Lakes Series (or New York to race with the OPA, sorry guys did not mean to leave you out).

Who knows maybe we will see you next year. The wife and I will take the new land yacht and head off to Arizona to watch the Rams play the Cards that week instead.

The wife will be happy.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,737 Likes on 3,794 Posts

While this is totally frustrating and dissapointing as well, the folks in alabama have been nice enough to support this venture with very little time to plan.

I also did not enjoy hearing about this via OSO, this should have been posted immediatly on the apba website.

Remember 2 years ago in KW , locked out of the annex, hurricane kicked out of the keys.

As for the site the sbi race was on oln sunday and it looked like a great time.

Time to ride the storm out , or run for the hills.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick, Smitty and I can get you hooked up with just about anything if you want to race up on the Northeast next year, we will have loads of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! As Smitty said, we'll race and play anywhere.Augie
Old 09-16-2003, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally posted by A.Pensa
we will have loads of fun
That's the overriding OPA principle, and that's what's making OPA great.

Quick Reply: Key West news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.