Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
04 SVL line up to date. >

04 SVL line up to date.

Notices

04 SVL line up to date.

Old 11-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,701 Likes on 3,784 Posts

sorry, what about a lid for mark's activator or does he want to continue in F-1??
Old 11-28-2003, 12:45 PM
BJM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete

I believe Mark Wants to build a new Activator with a lid. As of now there are no plans of doing so. With the time that Mark spends testing snd setting up his F-1 boat, I believe he could set up a Canopy Activator to compete with the Extremes,Phantoms,etc. He really does do his homework and the results have shown on the race course.

B.J.Maher
Old 11-28-2003, 04:29 PM
Manatee

Pete B.
There's alot of options up in the air right now.... I talk to Mark today and he said he was going to put the F1 up for sale...If it dos'nt sell....Our first thing we will probably run F1 before anything...I don't think Mark has any intentions of building a SVL Activator.....So if anybody want's a driver with no common sence..I'm available.......we would be running the same speeds as we do now in F1....we would just be slower then the SVL'S...it would be just as safe as us running F1....we ran with the SVL in Ft. Lauderdale so I don't see the saftey issue..other than the rules saying you have to have a conopy....were just trying to get the boat count up....and race twice vice once.... I thought the SVL teams would want that....

Ben, If you can e-mial me Jim P. # I would like to give him a call.....I need to figue out how to work out the sponsors.....
But if the SVL guys don't want us to run the F1 boat we won't even try....so I don't know are the SVL teams saying they don't want us to run????

Last edited by Manatee; 11-28-2003 at 04:52 PM.

Old 11-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gino,
I'm sorry I'm at my parents and don't have Pop's number with me, but I'll email it to you or call my cell on Saturday and I have it on my cell.
Oh and yes... We want you and Mark to run F1... We have enough competition coming up to SVL now...

Cya,
Ben
Old 11-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Manatee

Thanks Ben.....
Gino

Old 11-28-2003, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Andrew Corn is your first stop....not Pop. I assume he is still the Grand Poobah of homologation.

Homologation

APBA Offshore Homologation [email protected] 727 821-2722
Old 11-29-2003, 08:39 AM
Manatee

Thanks for the info Phantom1......but I quess before I even do that I need to now if the SVL team would even want us there.....even if APBA said its OK...we still won't race if the Teams don't want us.....were not hear to cause trouble just trying to get the most out of sponsorship and a full weekend of racing.....

Old 11-29-2003, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is Fortress the 3 seater Phantom??
Old 11-29-2003, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Gino I tried that last year with our F1 in SVL and they said no way but its a new year. I'm not convinced it is a safety issue either. They let us run with PX boats last year so I don't get the safety thing. Would you be interested in running with SVL but for no points or money? It would only be to benefit your sponsors.
Mad Dog
Old 11-29-2003, 01:45 PM
Manatee

I think a sponsor would want a shot of having their name with a National or World Championship title....thats what's important, take away the magazines,newspapers and the reconation with a title....it takes away the sponsor...but thanks for the input

Quick Reply: 04 SVL line up to date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.