Idea III Tec.

Old 09-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Idea III Tec.

Originally Posted by Wardey
Do I see a up and coming story in EBM ???? Dave
I can see it now, "Everything you ever wanted to know about cheating, but were afraid to ask."

Actually, it would be very interesting to read.

I like the beer cooler idea to chill the fuel. Ya gotta wonder if that would actually improve performance or not. I guess someone thought it would.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Registered

Why was this thread started? Seems to highlight dishonesty and makes it sound like this is a rampant problem in the sport. I would like to think inspectors know what they are doing and will catch those who want to reinterpret the rules. I'm not sure Paul, Jim and the rest need a refresher on what to look for. They are real good at what they do.

Publishing an article in any magazine on this topic will further tarnish the sport. I think Ron P. was just kidding.

J
Old 09-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Jim I think its good to let some of the other racers know what has been tried and were either over the line or are things inspectors look for. If you dont ask an inspector if your idea is leagal or not, you must assume its not and dont just try it and say you didnt know! I dont think anyone in our class is cheating but its good to know that the inspectors are fully aware of some of the tricks.
MD
Old 09-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Registered

Randy,

Maybe thats your interpretation and may be the way it is in the other sanctioning bodies. I don't know. What I read in APBA's rulebook is:

"WARNING TO RACERS - IF THIS RULEBOOK DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY SAY THAT YOU CAN DO OR USE SOMETHING, THEN YOU MUST CONSIDER THAT THE ACTION, CHANGE OR COMPONENT IS ILLEGAL."

All I can ask of anyone is what part of this is not clear?

J
Old 09-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Registered

We wanted to run a reusable System 1 Oil filter to save money. Was told no. Another team ran plug wires from another vendor other than Mercury and got penalized. Seems innocent enough, but, violated the (spec class) rules of "if it doesn't specifically say you can do it...it's illegal". The point is not about cheating, it's about following the rules.

J
Old 09-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Blue NUTZ Wil & Larry run a Mercury 525 not a VORTEC. FYI
Old 09-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Registered

Guys Im only trying to find ways to keep it equal not start a pissing match again.
MD
Old 09-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
OK I'm outa here...everything on this board turns into a pissing match.
see ya
Well if your outta here I am oughta here too... and I was outta here first!!! So there!!
Old 09-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Registered

Jim thats the phrase I was looking for,thanks. What about sealed motor compartments? what does that do for performance? I remember when E class said you couldnt have a sealed compartment,why?
MD
Old 09-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered

That too is already covered by the APBA rules.

"Competitors may not raise their engine hatches from the time they have completed the race and crossed the finish line until the boat is presented for inspection to an APBA-Offshore Inspector. Engine hatches may only be raised during the race to effect emergency repairs. If an APBA-Offshore Official observes a boat with the engine hatch raised after the boat has crossed the finish line, the entry shall be disqualified unless the APBA-Offshore inspection team can verify a case of extreme emergency. "

J

Quick Reply: Idea III Tec.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.