Notices

Idea III Tec.

Old 09-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: Idea III Tec.

Jim, I ment sealed motor compartment as in no scoops or air vents. The E class was the 502 stock version of F1. I might just be dreaming it was a while ago.
Will you be in KW with the F1 boat? Have you been running it in CA? Do you like the 525 setup better?
MD
Old 09-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Idea III Tec.

Randy,

Gotcha on the seal engine compartment. Our scoop has never pulled air. We have to feed air in through naca ducts. When we were racing against you our engine would get heat saturated mid race. Just did not have air flow into or out of the engine compartment. We'd burn off fuel and slow down. Took us 3 years to figure that one out.

The plan is to go to the Worlds. We are running an Innovation converted 500 to 525. Yes, it's legal in APBA. It runs very well. The boat likes the extra HP and torque as compared to the HP500. At 5200 pounds or about 5900 at the start of a race, it pulls real well. The Sport Master does add some extra handling, but.... when she lets loose, she's going over. No warning. The boat turns tight like the activators with the right driver in the seat.

This is the 4th and probably the last year running the Warlock.

J