From the Desk of OPA

Notices

From the Desk of OPA

Old 04-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: From the Desk of OPA

Ron,

While I congratulate the people that worked so hard to put this together, I agree with Marc on one thing. To use the word "unification" is misleading. It's very definition implies "one" body.

unification - the act of making or becoming a single unit; "the union of opposing factions";

I personally think that Carbonell has pissed away any opportunity to capitalize on APBA's 100 year tradition, but to call the successful "strategic alliance" of OSS, OPA, POPRA and BWORA "unification" is ridiculous. You know how most in the offshore community define unification, it's been a constant topic for years.

I don't say this as an SBI fan I assure you. In fact, I have no plans to attend any of their races this year - but the Destin event sounds pretty good.

Congratulations on the new Strategic Alliance, it makes sense for all parties involved.

Last edited by Phantom1; 04-18-2006 at 11:34 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: From the Desk of OPA

Great Job Guys!

cheers!

Old 04-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done Boyz, this is shaping up to be a hell of a year.
Dedication and determination pays off
Old 04-18-2006, 08:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Ron,

While I congratulate the people that worked so hard to put this together, I agree with Marc on one thing. To use the word "unification" is misleading. It's very definition implies "one" body.

unification - the act of making or becoming a single unit; "the union of opposing factions";

I personally think that Carbonell has pissed away any opportunity to capitalize on APBA's 100 year tradition, but to call the successful "strategic alliance" of OSS, OPA, POPRA and BWORA "unification" is rediculous. You know how most in the offshore community define unification, it's been a constant topic for years.

I don't say this as an SBI fan I assure you. In fact, I have no plans to attend any of their races this year - but the Destin event sounds pretty good.

Congratulations on the new Strategic Alliance, it makes sense for all parties involved.
STRATEGIC ALLIANCE, good wording Mike. I would have loved for all the groups to get together and race Key West but it ain't gonna happen this year and the majority of OPA voted to go to Destin so sit back, hold on and enjoy "THE SHOW".

Last edited by AugiePensa; 04-18-2006 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

WOW!!!!!!!!! Call it what you want. With all but 15 -20 boats in the U.S. it sounds like the new beginning of Off Shore racing. Thank you all. It should be back to a 100 boat fleet at the worlds.
MD
Old 04-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

PS What an idea. I cant beleve no one thought of this before.
MD
Old 04-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: From the Desk of OPA

Great work by all organizations involved..........Destin is currently installing metal detectors, no offense Augie!Opposite days racing...........great I will finally get to watch a boat race!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

None taken Vinny, what are the metal detectors for? Everything the Boyz need (And Love) will be sent ahead and taped to the back of water tanks in the rest rooms of all the restaurants in Destin. But THANKS for The Heads Up!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice work everyone. Big Thanks to John Haggin for his neverending support.

The Racers seem to be happy with the direction this is moving.

In the words of an Offshore Icon (Muscle): Step Up or Step Aside

See you in Pickwick

M

Last edited by Maximus; 04-18-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Guy's just have to add the many THANKS to Mr. John Haggin, Scotty B., Chief and Mr. WARBY and the entire crew at AMF OFFSHORE RACING .COM. John Haggin was the inspiration and with his help, and generosity last season gave us the complete confidence to go through with this unity. Hag, we love ya Bro. and THANK YOU.

Quick Reply: From the Desk of OPA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.