What ever happen to the sob class >

What ever happen to the sob class

Notices

What ever happen to the sob class

Old 02-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What ever happen to the sob class

I look back at posts over the past few years and there is alot of talk about it. Did the class ever take off. This would seem to be a great starter class for new racers what ever happen.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sooooo badly wanna make a post about where the SOB
class is running but Ill be good and refrain
Old 02-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Registered

No need to hold back here tell me lol
Old 02-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Registered

I know of a few SOB's but they run in a different class and some of them don't have any.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Racer
Racer

OPA put out an offer for the SOB guys to run with us in Patchogue with a special entry fee in lieu of a purse, and all we got back was whining and bickering so far. But don't give up, there are a few racers in the Great South Bay who have SOB's and are Premier Talents, and I have a feeling they will come out for this event. To be honest, some of the venues we run are exceptionally rough even for the big cats and vee's, but a good 75% of the races are suitable for the SOB class. If you know anyone interested go on oparacing.org or call Ed "Smitty" Smith the OPA President his # is on the site.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by louietherigger
OPA put out an offer for the SOB guys to run with us in Patchogue with a special entry fee in lieu of a purse, and all we got back was whining and bickering so far. But don't give up, there are a few racers in the Great South Bay who have SOB's and are Premier Talents, and I have a feeling they will come out for this event. To be honest, some of the venues we run are exceptionally rough even for the big cats and vee's, but a good 75% of the races are suitable for the SOB class. If you know anyone interested go on oparacing.org or call Ed "Smitty" Smith the OPA President his # is on the site.
With as many of them that showed up for the Hot Toddy, I would think that the Patchogue race would be an excellent venue for them. The whining and bickering is par for course, but I would have thought that they would have jumped at the opportunity to race, ya know, bragging rights and all that. I'm sooooooo disappointed in them. Racing is coming back to the Island and they don't wanna be part of it. (I'll refrain from the choice words I really wanna say. ) (I think I'll go over the ScreamAndFly and call them guys out.)

Last edited by Lucididee; 02-17-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Racer
Racer

Running a boat fast going straight and pulling it back if it gets bumpy is a little different then running a course as fast as you can no matter how rough the water. Out of the 150 or so attendees at the Hot Toddy run I know of 10 that actually raced. Not that there is anything wrong with that, racing is a choice thats not for everyone. I believe the offer is still open if they would like to run, that is up to the boss, if not we have plenty of teams, and other OPA races on the schedule.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

Louie, The class is there. Here is what we will do. Our purse structure is designed for the 6 classes we run now. If they want to race, what we will do, is....Their 500 dollar reg fee will be applied directly to their purse. 10 boats 5 K. We will supply Trophies and Flags. Why not call Joey Impressia, set up a meeting, we'll come up, and meet with all those SOB's. On a funnier note. I was watching Nascar this morning. Daryl Walthrop was asked about the foreign material found in Mikeys' intake manifold. He answered. "What do you expect, it's a foreign Car." LMFAO Smitty
Old 02-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Racer
Racer

I'm on it! One more Question though, what if one of the SOB guys has a foreign boat?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Racer
Racer

Got 3 potentials in the last 2 days! lotta tough talk, then they ask sissy stuff lol

Quick Reply: What ever happen to the sob class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.