Hey You Old Super Vees >

Hey You Old Super Vees

Notices

Hey You Old Super Vees

Old 04-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey You Old Super Vees

Hey guys....the SBI P2 Class and OPA P3-Class is turning into one of the biggest class's of racing....with the Tech and performance getting better and better every year on race boats its hard to have a compeditive boat thats a few years old....but we are finding out there are alot of older Super Vee's still out there....and with most of the older ones running from 98 to 103 mph the P-Class is a great place for these boats to run without spending all the money to continue to test and update to new equipment...
We now have 4 Super Vee's ruinning in SBI in P2 and one with a open canopy and all running close to the same speeds...with us being capped at 102mph plus all you other boats out there that are running at 100mph...

There are alot of boats still out there that fit this class, like...

Fury
Lisa M fountain
Bill M Skater
Scream Machine
Bad Boys Powerboats
Wanted
Black Pearl

Plus a number of other open cockpit boats that fit this class....

I know a lot of time and money has gone into some of the Fountains, Skaters and Outerlimts Super Vee's and are running from 109 to 117 mph...and thats great but that makes a lot of the older Super Vee's boats no longer compeditive...and its great to se them still run in Super V or P-1...

But the P-2 Class has open the door to a lot of boats that are true 98 to 103mph boats...proping down a 109 to a 116mph boat to run 101 with great excelleration or a boat with 700 hp will always out run the true 101 mph boat....thats why this class will grow...a lot of us are all running XR drives, have the same gears and weight about the same and have close to the same HP....boats that were built in 1995 or 2005 still have the same chance to win....

I know OPA's P-3 Class is close to SBI's P-2 Class and some Super Vees are running in P-3 with OPA...so this class could have as many as 14 boats plus in Key West for the Wolrds...

Also another big plus, the entry fees are $675 in SBI and free in OPA and both have prize money....so it makes the Class very affordable...when moast of us are use to paying $1600 to $1800 to enter...

Guys this a grat oppertunity to race in a class were the cost is low and the competition is very close no matter how old of boat you have.......

I will also be looking at adding a additional prise purse to the P-2 Class if we can get some more boats out there...
Old 04-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good Gino Good Luck This Year
Old 04-23-2007, 02:21 PM
VIP Member

Some one is catching on
Old 04-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Gold Member

Predator will be back in the mix in Ft. Lauderdale....
Old 04-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

Cool.....but we have a new clause for Preditor....
he has to have 6 crew members on board in a race...3 which must be female's and one dog no less then 75lbs...with hair longer then 5 inches with claws no longer then 1/4 inch long..... and one bad spark plug.......there will be perity here....

Last edited by MANITIE; 04-23-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Nice Thread Gino.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Racer
Racer

Great Idea Gino,
You hit the nail on the head, $300,000.00 boats that are disposable after the 1st or 2nd season ain't in our budget.
Besides the hoopla of keeping up with all the rules makes SV a manufacturers testing grounds. Don't get me wrong, a lot of fantastic improvements to the boats have come from this class, like 40' boats that can hit 115 w/ stock 525's. We are a class 2 team w/ the OPA and have had some really great times and races,and with Key West on the horizon (after a full season of racing) things can only get better. Maybe next year we can do more races together with SBI , Supercats and who knows maybe even the OSS. It almost hit 80 this Sunday up here in NY, so the season is coming fast! Can't wait to see everybody.
Louie
Old 04-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Racer
Racer

Great post Gino. I hope we have 10 boats at each race, that would be a blast. One thing, I didn't know we were racing against old boats, just old guys like Louie!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

what Smitty said...great post !!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Great post Gino. I hope we have 10 boats at each race, that would be a blast. One thing, I didn't know we were racing against old boats, just old guys like Louie!
You Fargin Bastages!! Just because AARP is our new sponsor, doesn't mean you guys aren't still gonna get a whippin, I spilt some geritol in the fuel tank at the dyno shop and we found another 50 hp! how do you like them apples!

Quick Reply: Hey You Old Super Vees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.