POPRA/OSS Worlds Racers INFO >

POPRA/OSS Worlds Racers INFO

Notices

Old 10-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OSS and POPRA World Championship races will take place on October 28th through November 4th in Destin, Florida. POPRA will be racing on Wednesday and Saturday just like we did last year. POPRA is all about the racers and therefore, we would appreciate your feedback. Since time is of the essence, we are only looking for feedback from racers who will be racing as a participant in the World Championships.

Here’s where we stand. We feel it’s important to give the P – Class teams a place to race for a World Championship title without spending too much money. We have been successful in securing sponsors to that will cover our expenses to bring a POPRA race to Destin. Additionally, John Haggin from AMF/Miss Geico Racing has once again stepped up to help support the P-Class guys by graciously donated $13,000 to POPRA to be used to help offset the cost of P-Class Racing in Destin. I want to personally thank John Haggin for his continued generosity and support he provides to POPRA and its racers. Without John, we wouldn’t be able to race in Destin. John has helped POPRA and many of you all season long. Please show your support in return. We know that a large purse would be nice and maybe someone will step up, but even without a purse, EVERYONE will get money back (thanks to John) just for racing in Destin.

Racers, this is where you come in. We have four options to choose from:

Option one: No entry and no purse – All non-OSS registered boats will share in the tow money fund based on distance traveled.

Option two: Charge an entry fee of $250 which will be used for a purse – Tow money will be paid based on distance traveled.

Option three: No entry fee and take the donated tow money and use it as a purse.

Option four: Charge an entry fee of $250 and combine it with the tow money to use for a purse.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] with your preferred option as soon as possible. POPRA race days are Wednesday, October 31, 2007 and Saturday, November 3, 2007.

I hope to see you in Destin,

Kevin Cooper