Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
2008 OPA Racing schedule >

2008 OPA Racing schedule

Notices

2008 OPA Racing schedule

Old 10-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And you can't see the race unless you are on a boat!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:56 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

You could always ship in a wave machine to make waves in Cambridge. LOL!!!! Sorry could not resist. I really enjoyed Cambridge this year. It was a great site for a race espeacially for spectators and families and friends ofthose who were racing. The CBPBA does a great job with the entire event and they like to have a great time as well when not racing.

One question I have for Ted or CBPBA member is, is there a location closer to the Hyatt for teams that may need to be craned in?? The reason I ask this is the potential of some pro series guys wanting to play on a level field and we know weight is sometimes a factor.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
You could always ship in a wave machine to make waves in Cambridge. LOL!!!! Sorry could not resist. I really enjoyed Cambridge this year. It was a great site for a race espeacially for spectators and families and friends ofthose who were racing. The CBPBA does a great job with the entire event and they like to have a great time as well when not racing.

One question I have for Ted or CBPBA member is, is there a location closer to the Hyatt for teams that may need to be craned in?? The reason I ask this is the potential of some pro series guys wanting to play on a level field and we know weight is sometimes a factor.
I appreciate the compliment Dennis, we have a great group of people come out and volunteer to make these things happen. But I don't understand your question. The crane area we used this year was approx 1 mile by land and about 1 mile by water, what does that distance effect?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Sorry Ted. I did not go to the crane area so I did not realize it was that close. I went to the local ramp where pretty much everyone launched I believe except for Gieco and Cintron and Trafic Light. I did see them traveling over the Bridge. I just did not realize it was probably right over the bridge. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Actually the marina where the crane was is the first left off the bridge. They are one of the reasons I want to do Cambridge again. They were actually excited about helping out and stepped up with about 10 minutes conversation when the city shut down our previous crane area. Working with people like that is very refreshing when most of the time you hear "Well I don't know what you can do, I just know what you can't do".
Old 10-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

No doudt there. You have to love when people put out a hand and offer to help. Does not happen to often so I competely understand why you would use that area again. I would to if I was in your shoes. Very Cool!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also Wanted to Mention, After Day 1 We Spun the Pressed Coupler off the water Pump, We went down to the crane to See if Anyone had a Drill Press in thier Rig, but didnt find Anyone down there. The Guys with the crane Opened thier Shop and Gave us free Reign of thier Shop to repair our Boat. What a Nice Bunch Of Guys, If it werent for them, We Wouldnt Have been Able to Race on day 2.

Jr.
Bounty Hunter Offshore Racing 4-51
Old 10-26-2007, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

All GREAT people at that site! TED, your OK too!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Racer
Racer

Cambridge is a great site, the crane guys were pro's and the marina people couldn't help enough. Also the Hyatt isn't to shabby either. Thanks Ted and Crew, Louie
Old 10-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Registered

Smile Cambridge Crane Crew

We found the crane crew, compitant ,frendly ,organized,and totaly fair,with regard to rotation of position, regardless of boat size, crew size or notoriety.They took pride in fair treatment for all, great bunch of guys Another O.P.A.Good job Thanks Smitty For a great season. Augie your missed. Grumpy George, [Crockett Rockett]

Quick Reply: 2008 OPA Racing schedule

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.