Notices

extreme g-127 vid 1st super stock race chatanooga tn

Old 10-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chriscarbone
ooooo Stop It,,,,,, Step Up To P5 NExt Year And We Will See Who The Big Dog Is
Do they use rev limiters in class 5 ?? if not i am in.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on Tyler, stop you’re crying. The GPS Systems don’t lie and are pretty darn accurate; If Dukes showed he did not breakout.. he did not break out.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
I got mine today Great shot of us side by side with the Dukes all the way down the back stretch then us coming out of turn 4 10-12 boats lenghts ahead then they catch us on the straight away, pull along side for a few seconds then drive away.
Yea Kinda like Cambridge, When the roles were reversed. I didnt hear anyone crying then. Smitty
Old 10-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Yea Kinda like Cambridge, When the roles were reversed. I didnt hear anyone crying then. Smitty
In Cambridge we had our back up motor in it is down almost 100 HP from our good engine. We got behind the Dukes and that Bad Boy boat on the start because I was lined up with all the other boats when they thru the flag. It took me 3 laps of getting completly hosed down to get by those two boats. I got by on the inside of both of them. Chris said he tried following our line thru the corners and could not keep up with our accelleration. So then I put are #1 engine in that has head snapping accelleration and all of a sudden I get played with the whole race and get passed 50 feet at the finish line. I am going down the staightaway right on my limiter and they got all kinds of throttle to catch me, ride along side, then leave me. Just because I am in the entry level class don't mean I am stupid and know when I am getting played. You put yourself in my shoes You had Louie covered all year then he shows up in Chattonoga runs right along side you the whole race and passes you 50 feet from the end with the same setup he ran all year. You would have kicked the windsheild out of your boat. I am not wining or complaning about losing I don't mind losing when we get beat but when you mess with the rev limiter that's not fair. I feel I wasted the whole last month building 2 motors, buying extra GPS's and software to read them, moving them around in the boat to find the differences, getting 4 props made and testing the boat with accellerometers in the boat to maximize accelleration, then have Sponsors and freinds come all the way to TN for that. I know you did a lot of work and put alot of time into the OPA and I am not bashing all your work But the GPS system works real well I think everybody needs to have 2 on board just in case 1 does not read. Also everyone needs to wire them direct to their ignition so they power up when they start the boat ( no more charging the little battery that goes dead. ) We also need to monitor engine RPM thru out the whole race I am working on a inexspensive way to track RPM's thru the race. I think Frank controlling the GPS's and we come up with a way to track RPM's that will eliminate alot of trouble.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

We have a Gps in developement that will stop the boat at any speed we wish. It eliminates having to read anything. We simply set it to hit the limiter at 70. The other answer is Ocean Racing. I am definately looking for more Offshore sites.

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 10-26-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
In Cambridge we had our back up motor in it is down almost 100 HP from our good engine. We got behind the Dukes and that Bad Boy boat on the start because I was lined up with all the other boats when they thru the flag. It took me 3 laps of getting completly hosed down to get by those two boats. I got by on the inside of both of them. Chris said he tried following our line thru the corners and could not keep up with our accelleration. So then I put are #1 engine in that has head snapping accelleration and all of a sudden I get played with the whole race and get passed 50 feet at the finish line. I am going down the staightaway right on my limiter and they got all kinds of throttle to catch me, ride along side, then leave me. Just because I am in the entry level class don't mean I am stupid and know when I am getting played. You put yourself in my shoes You had Louie covered all year then he shows up in Chattonoga runs right along side you the whole race and passes you 50 feet from the end with the same setup he ran all year. You would have kicked the windsheild out of your boat. I am not wining or complaning about losing I don't mind losing when we get beat but when you mess with the rev limiter that's not fair. I feel I wasted the whole last month building 2 motors, buying extra GPS's and software to read them, moving them around in the boat to find the differences, getting 4 props made and testing the boat with accellerometers in the boat to maximize accelleration, then have Sponsors and freinds come all the way to TN for that. I know you did a lot of work and put alot of time into the OPA and I am not bashing all your work But the GPS system works real well I think everybody needs to have 2 on board just in case 1 does not read. Also everyone needs to wire them direct to their ignition so they power up when they start the boat ( no more charging the little battery that goes dead. ) We also need to monitor engine RPM thru out the whole race I am working on a inexspensive way to track RPM's thru the race. I think Frank controlling the GPS's and we come up with a way to track RPM's that will eliminate alot of trouble.

Who cares if the REV Limiter was removed? If there GPS Showed they did not break out that’s all that matters and if you thought the limiter was removed you should have said something then and had Smitty run the boat. No point in *****ing now.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
We have a Gps in developement that will stop the boat at any speed we wish. It eliminates having to read anything. We simply set it to hit the limiter at 70. The other answer is Ocean Racing. I am definately looking for more Offshore sites.

Call or PM Sleepy Pirate, he works with the auto company that developed this or something similar, he had nothing but problems trying to get it to work before Algonac.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Who cares if the REV Limiter was removed? If there GPS Showed they did not break out that’s all that matters and if you thought the limiter was removed you should have said something then and had Smitty run the boat. No point in *****ing now.
I care about the rev limiter Let's say the Dukes lose 6-7 MPH going thru a turn and are on their regular rev limiter of 5200-5300 with a 24 pitch prop it takes longer to get back up to 70 MPH. Now if they turn 5700-5800 RPM's in the corner they can carry their speed better in the corners and then you just hold back to the normal 5200-5300 down the straightaways so you don't break out. You better get in the game if you are ever going to win a boat race
Old 10-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Registered

Its All Fun And GAmes Till Some One Gets Beat, St Clair And Cambride Remember Those Races,

Thanks For Everyones Input US- 6 1st

U Will Need Alot More Hp Next Year When U Step Up To Class 5
Old 10-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by chriscarbone
Its All Fun And GAmes Till Some One Gets Beat, St Clair And Cambride Remember Those Races,

Thanks For Everyones Input US- 6 1st

U Will Need Alot More Hp Next Year When U Step Up To Class 5
I remember St.Clair last year you did the same thing with your rev limiter but you did not give it enough at the finish line we Won St. Clair. I don't mind getting beat if everything is to spec. We built a boat for class 6 that out accellerates and handles in rough and calm water and is right on the rev limiter at 69.8 MPH. Can you honestly say you ran your RPM in TN.?? My boat is ready to go Smitty can Throttle mine and Anthony can throttle yours side by side in flat water then lets see if you go by us.

Quick Reply: extreme g-127 vid 1st super stock race chatanooga tn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.