Notices

class 5 boats

Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Class 5 Racing

Add another boat to class 5. Looks like I'm moving up a class. I was in class 6 with the little 21 Intimidator and now a 27 Excalibur.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered

Default off the hook!!

Smitty you have some work cut out for you with class 5, we might have to run a heat race on Sat. just to make room for all these boats. Just a thought. Or just play Beer Pong for lanes, 2 rows deep Nascar style start
Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Seriously, how about a time trial, 50-70 and the slowest time gets the pole and like Pat said have a two row start, this way it makes it even and takes out the Crocket/Dukes Factor(lol) kinda like OSS does with its lineup, last place boat from the previous race takes the pole
Old 03-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered

I think we should start like we always have.In the hey days of F1 Class,and before that in A Class;there were often starts with at least 15 boats and sometimes 20 or more.It adds a real element of strategy to the race.Instead of being hung up on the outside,some teams may choose to fall in behind the line up and look for an opening after the first turn sorts itself out.Being on the inside is not always the best place to be anyway.I know Smitty is also looking to design some courses that will be more challenging and exciting than the standard four pin rectangle.I think the key to safe starts with alot of boats is to turn us loose as we are coming out of the last turn on the parade lap.It is the responsibility of the teams to make sure they are where they need to be in order to get a safe and competitive starting position.A starting formation of rows of two will turn into a boat parade real quickly.After all,in the calm water races with everyone running right at the class speed limit;how is a team going to make up all of that distance if they are starting in the back?Just my opinion.

Last edited by 1waterboy1; 03-18-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered

Hello all, thanks for the help. I will attach some photos later today, I'm looking to run 552 as our number. It dosen't appear to be used so I should be fine with this.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered

Hey Herb, I thought you sold that boat
Old 03-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Registered

Default Class 5

No I did'nt sell it. I'm trying, I found a superboat that I want to buy, but intill this one goes I'm going to use it. I just put a pair of 250s on it. So I'm going to have some fun with it.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by secret squirrel
Smitty you have some work cut out for you with class 5, we might have to run a heat race on Sat. just to make room for all these boats. Just a thought. Or just play Beer Pong for lanes, 2 rows deep Nascar style start
I have to say, this is what we dreamed of 5 yrs ago. Intead of filling the pits with old race boats with no power just to make it look good, I am now looking for larger pit areas to fit all the boats into. I think we should do away with all the other classes, and all build a single engine 30 ft boat. One class.....the next dream. Smitty
Old 03-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Registered

Herb, I just officially put my 30 up for sale. I have it listed on here. I'm
Old 03-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Mark, I spoke to Muller at Wicked and he wants a piece of class 5 as well better put him on the list with the P- Ditty
MD

Quick Reply: class 5 boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.