Look at This!!!!!! >

Look at This!!!!!!

Notices

Look at This!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 View Post
Absolutely! You know ... they went swimming on Wednesday in KW ... stayed in the water for about 3 hrs ... and then finished 2nd on Friday. Awesome awesome awesome ... of course .. the driver and throttle guy helped too
I have to add my two cents here... Frank at Scorpion Racing Engines runs a first-class operation. Not only does he have a shop that that you can eat off the floor, he builds strong motors that make a LOT of power. He has a shiny new dyno, and rigging facilities to do engine R&R in house. If any of you are up Michigan way, like for the whole month of July, it's worth checking out.

We took a pair of "regular" Merc Super Cat motors that are designed to run 800+ hp at 7200 rpm with 12-1 compression on 110 fuel, and detuned them to run on pump gas (93). We took the compression down to 10-1, did a cam change, and they are STILL making 775hp @6200 rpm! (...and climbing) Didn't run them up any higher on the dyno knowing I'd never use them up there.

Had I not spun the boat around backwards in KW, these things would have given me a real shot at the podium. We'll be at it again this year, so come cheer on the Scorpion-powered Konrad/Fountain of Youth, gunnin' for the 400 class fleet in OPA.

Originally Posted by Julie22 View Post
The Engines are awesome I have heard them on the dino machine and they roar like a lion, so everyone better watch out.
Yep, there's something about hearing a big block cranked up to 7000+ rpm that makes the goosebumps (or something) stand at attention.

The Green Machine is looking great, Julie/Ed.

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by p4-33; 03-13-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: syntax
Old 03-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Brian. I hope to see you out here and Boy did ever get goosebumps just listening to that sound makes it feel like summer is here!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

Default GOING GREEN or STAYING GREEN?

GOING GREEN or STAYING GREEN?

Looks like an e85 ride. Maybe they'll sponsor you -

http://www.e85fuel.com/media/media.php

Hey John Haggen, we could use some help too - We are running the Old Traffic Light on a shoe string

Erie Monster Racing

http://www.eriemonster.com -
Old 03-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nocigarette View Post
Good engine builders need to be broadcasted by others....It beats the self promotion thing....

If i was racing they would be my first and only choice.....

They are not just for racing. I have had very good experience with Scorpion also. Had them freshen up my motors for last season and was very pleased with the results. Much more personalized service than my former engine builder at very honest and reasonable prices. Great service after the sale too, unlike so many others I have dealt with in this industry.
Attached Thumbnails Look at This!!!!!!-chicagopr8.jpg   Look at This!!!!!!-chicagopr13.bmp