What do you think...... >

What do you think......

Notices

What do you think......

Old 04-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think......

I have been working with a few sponsors and 2 company's about going live on a website with onboard camera's.....its very hard to get a live feed from the air but not so with onboard camera's....
We have even been working on a project that for example...in our class for us to all put set GPS that will have our boat number on the target and follow us around the race course so fans not at the race can follow the race and who's winning.....that program is fairly simple....having live audio is also fairly simple from our boat also....but instead of just one onboard live...it would be cool to be able to click on a team during a race and be able to go inside the cockpit and see and hear whats going on live....

It will be very simple to have the audio and video downloaded after the race and have them put on a web site so fans can see and hear what happend at any time....but having it live would be pretty cool....

We already have a sponsor for our onboard...but it would be very easy to pick up a big sponsor if every boat would have that companys name and logo facing the onboard plus you could even have there website as the link to the live race.....a marine industry would be a great sponsor and benifit from that....its all about how many hits there web gets...its just as important as tv ratings and even between races have a little promo of there company and there products....

If its something you guys are interested in chime in.....

I had the opertunity to talk to a gentleman in marketing from NEXTEL 2 weeks ago....it is a big hit in NASCAR....
Old 04-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered

I'm not sure anybody wants to hear what goes on inside our boat. the'll think we hate each other
Old 04-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Registered

That is a very ture statement, but the fans would love it. Sure sounds like a cool idea tom me. Way to go Gino.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Racer
Racer

Hey Gino, Great idea, We are in, let me know what we need to do. Louie
Old 04-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by louietherigger
That would be great. The average person has no idea the team work going on during a boat race.
Registered
VIP Member

That would be great. The average person has no idea the team work going on during a boat race.
Registered
VIP Member

Old 04-12-2008, 01:23 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Default unappreciated

Old 04-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Registered

I can see were the On The Chip audio would be nothing but a long beeeeeeppppppppp.....but for the adverage fan from the air it looks like we are just out for a Sunday smooth drive....but when you go inside the cockpit and see how we are getting the crap knock out of us....plus the NASCAR driver may have the occational counter steer going into a turn when we on the other hand have to do 10 times the driving just on a straight away...not to mention flying sideways in the air in a turn with no brakes would be pretty exciting....plus it would be great to show more onboards on tv....in 2003 the speedchannel did it alot and there shows were great....plus having sponsors name right in front of the audience when showing the onboards is a plus for the teams sponsors plus a great tool when going to make a presentation to potental sponsors.....

Just some other little tib bits were working on.....our web guy also said it would be very easy to set up on the top of the page the laps of each team.....

With the age of cell phones now having internet access even the fans on the beach or boats can watch from land and boat and also look at there phone to see who is in the lead and what lap were on.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 04-12-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be in my boat when I'm "TALKING" to Kevin/Val/?????and now Marty! Nextel would just love us! Ask Jeff from Freeze Frame. I'm in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.