OPA Official Results

Old 07-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Another question from the peanut gallery, with Wahoo, what happend
It's in my race report.. LOL

They had a drive indicator problem that showed them trim down and they were really trimmed to the moon, they pulled in found and fixed it and came out and ran Really, Really Strong!! (But Broke Out)
Old 07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Rick said. We broke the drive indicator cable and I didn't know what it was at first. The drive didn't seem to be responding so we pulled in to be sure we didn't lose a trim cylinder. After we saw what it was we went back out for the show and broke out four times. The boat really flys with the fresh Crockett 525s.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thank everyone who made this event happen and also a special thanks to Ed and Julie for you help storing our equipment during the week, It was nice to be able to leave and know everything was in good hands.

Also, is their anywhere we can see out points accumulation
toward the High Points Championship, and Geico points?

Eddie
568 OUTRAGEOUS
Old 07-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Ok, this is what I recall people saying at the awards and it may not be 100% correct but I'll do my best -

Turbine Class
Gieco
~Maybe he should just run with 1 enegine and give some other a chance.. LOL

Extreme Class
Cintron ~ Ran ok for a few lap but I think he had some motor issue that kept the boat from running 100%
Cat Can Do ~ Broke a motor testing Sat.

Super Cat Class:
Reliable Carriers ~ Reliable walked everyone, its a nice running boat.
JD Byrider
Talk N Trash

Cat Lite Class
Amsoil
Motley Crew
Lets Play Racing
Learning the Ropes

Class 1
Cleveland Construction Inc / Traffic Light (Evil Ed!!!!!)
[B]~ Ed and Dave raced this class solo... and by the looks of things they had themselfs covered.B]

Class 2
WazzUp, Ran a distant 2nd to Can Can Do untill the last lap when Mark smoked a power head.
Strictly Business - Ran strong but needs a little more against Smitty
R Rated -
TKO - Not really sure but they lead from the start and at the 3/4 mark they were slowing and had a monster rooster tail, maybe a drive trim ?? Not sure.
Muscle Boat (Pulled off after a couple laps)
Unleashed (Did not race, Prop proplems)
Banadit (Broke Out)
Cat Can Do (Broke) - I did not think he Broke Out.
Wahoo Pulled off right away and found and fixxed a drive indicator problem. Came out a couple laps down and still put on a hell of a show - (But Broke Out)

Class 3
Friendly Bobby -
Pour it on -
Your Gonna Have That - - Ran great untill the last couple laps when he lost a blade.
Boat Responsibly Racing - Ran really, really strong, He caught a couple cats and passed them before problems ended his day.

Class 4
Octane - Great first race back!
Simmons - Always strong
Jersey Boyz - Stayed in boat this week and ran hard untill a motor problem on lap 6 or 7.
Vicious - Pulled off on lap 5 when I lost a Hi Pres. Fuel pump
Dirty Pearl - Broke
Purrfect - Did not start race with engine trouble.
Konrad - Unknow.. on this one, maybe Some one can PM me what happened?

Class 5
Specialized - Hi-Points Champ in 08 ??
Outragous -
Who's Your Daddy
Dock Blood - Kept themselfs in the boat this week
Papa Dukes - Same, as above.
Thunder Struck -
503 Bat Boat - Broke Out
Super Heat - (I would guess Broke Out)
Crockett - Broke Out

Class 6
Cotner Trailers
Premier Performance
Akula
602 Reindl

After leading the majority of the race until the freighter put us in a holding pattern, My big ass flew into the dash and broke the ignition keys of in the dash ( of course in the off position) it took me a minute to jam my finger nail in there to get the boat to start again...... By the end we almost ran down octain which was almost a lap ahead........Great battling once again......Thanks to a great knonrad drives and a wicked set of scorpion racing engines.....Brian always has a tight hand on the throttles and works his ass off to keep that boat in contention and i really appreciaate him giving me the oppertunity to drive that awsome boat....
Old 07-28-2008, 09:43 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Thought that Tyler Crockett won Class 5????

Chris
Old 07-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by DriverofDonzi
Thought that Tyler Crockett won Class 5????

Chris
I broke out trying to catch back up to everybody when I stopped for the Freighter. The pace boat came out and I came off plane and was leading at that point and everybody else drove by me and the pace boat. Then the pace boat took off to catch everybody so I did the same thing at 77 MPH with the 7MPH current. Chris you should have stopped by the boat I would have given you one of our new T-Shirts. Tyler.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Registered

Tlyer I was in Turn 4 with NBC. You guys were haulin the mail and the boat looked great. NBC taped your race and then had to leave. I was interviewed and mentioned your boat, Konrad Fountain of youth and Simmions racing. We will have to see what is left once it airs. They are doing a overview on Michigan for one of the news mags. When I find out more I will let you know.Konrad Dountain had the feild covered before the Freighter with Simmions coming on strong. There sure was some good racing,

Last edited by Gary864; 07-29-2008 at 07:39 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Registered

IMHO that freighter screwed things up big time. Can some explain what the rules are, none of us watching had a clue how it was supposed to work. Also how many laps were run before the race was stopped/or slowed and how many laps followed.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:59 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
I broke out trying to catch back up to everybody when I stopped for the Freighter. The pace boat came out and I came off plane and was leading at that point and everybody else drove by me and the pace boat. Then the pace boat took off to catch everybody so I did the same thing at 77 MPH with the 7MPH current. Chris you should have stopped by the boat I would have given you one of our new T-Shirts. Tyler.
Tyler,

I was looking for you, man. I stopped by Louie and he took me to introduce you but would not find you. That's ok, I can always meet you other time, buddy. Keep in touch, Tyler

Chris

P.S. Hold your new tshirt for me!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nocigarette

After leading the majority of the race until the freighter put us in a holding pattern, My big ass flew into the dash and broke the ignition keys of in the dash ( of course in the off position) it took me a minute to jam my finger nail in there to get the boat to start again......
We were watching with Donna and Ian when that happened. Ian thought maybe when you hit hard you pulled the lanyard, (he's done that before). Breaking the keys off is a better story for the future.There were some wicked holes in the water there after the freighter went by.

Quick Reply: OPA Official Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.