Like Tree0Likes

ESPN Patchogue

Old 08-17-2008, 09:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Please someone tell Ted how to get some advertising for the Cambridge Race. Knowone knows about it And the Dover race is the same weekend.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Marlago 35 FS, 18 Neptune CC

Unfortunately we are not blessed with a deep pockets, nationwide sponsor like GEICO to front TV commercials. As you are well aware Scott we do what we do on a fairly tight budget supplied mostly by dedicated club members like your team owner. I would prefer to have a safety helicopter in the air rather than an extra hundred spectators that saw an ad on cable TV. And as a matter of fact, another gracious club member set up virtually the same ad buy for our race a year or so ago and it really did little for the actual or perceived spectator count. Louis and his team have done a great thing for Patchogue and should be commended, leave me out of it.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1990 Silverton 34 Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by insptech View Post
Unfortunately we are not blessed with a deep pockets, nationwide sponsor like GEICO to front TV commercials. As you are well aware Scott we do what we do on a fairly tight budget supplied mostly by dedicated club members like your team owner. I would prefer to have a safety helicopter in the air rather than an extra hundred spectators that saw an ad on cable TV. And as a matter of fact, another gracious club member set up virtually the same ad buy for our race a year or so ago and it really did little for the actual or perceived spectator count. Louis and his team have done a great thing for Patchogue and should be commended, leave me out of it.

Look, I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything like that. I would just like to race in front of a bigger crowd than we have had. It's been getting smaller and smaller every year. It's also easier to sell the race if you can show a larger crowd there I would think. I have sat at the meetings and know very well how "tight" it is.
You are doing a very hard job as anyone who has done one of these events can tell. Sometimes maybe just a sign on the road or in the local free papers helps. We have done some of these things but need new ideas to work with so we can be as you have said in the past "the best race site next to Key West".
Maybe we need some of that northern luck....................
Old 08-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Racer
Racer

My Boats: Fountains,Mainship,Predator.Mako OPA 2007 class 2 ,2011 S.V. ,2013SVLNational Champions

Hey Guys,
Lets put the gloves away lol. The majority of the moneys raised in Patchogue was brought in with the program, we sell the chit out of it and it works. Build the site and you will attract the bigger sponsors.
The race sites need help from all the teams pushing for program advertisers, 2 or 3 people on the committee won't have near the success. Cambridge is an awesome place to race, thanks for working hard and bringing us to the site. Louie
Old 08-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

My Boats: Offshore Racing, Classic Magnums

FWIW, I heard a commercial on Q104.3 for the Patchogue race. Q104.3 is one of the New York areas biggest rock stations.
Thanks to all who are making this happen!