Notices

Pt Pleasant

Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Jersey Boyz Boat didn't break, it was my arm. Thought I could do the race. That's what I get for thinking. Tomorrow I go in for the operation on it (Five Weeks Late) so I'll be back for Key west?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take good care honey.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:22 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Now I hear Reliable got 1st whats the deal Talkin trash or Reliable
Huh??????

Chris
Old 09-08-2008, 07:44 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Jimmy or Smitty,

Could you please post whoever took first in Super Cat Class? I want to clear up myself.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 09-08-2008, 07:49 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Unhappy

Course was a bit longer than predicted therefore some teams ran out of fuel. The decision was to find out where the teams were when they complete the established miles. Reliable ran out of fuel but after rolling back the race 2 laps where Reliable was in the lead, they were determined as the winner.

I feel real bad for Jimmy and Vinny. I am sure they were on the winning HIGH when they were done thinking they captured the Triple Crown Title as a brand new team and boat for the season...

They certainly kept my attention at all times with their hard charging attidude on the course !

The water temp was a bit chilly, but I would have never got these shots from the Pier or a chopper !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-08-2008, 08:51 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

I strongly believe that Talk N Trash won the race because TNT completed the whole race while Reliable didnt. In order to win the race, a boat must race during the complete race.

Chris
Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Chris,

It was most likely the course was a bit long. It was suppose to be 2 mile straightaways and a 1/4 between each turn boat at each end. So the course should have been 4.5 miles long per lap. I don't know what the exact length the bouys were set at, but it was longer than 2 mile straights. Therefore I presume they found out just what the course was set at and deducted 2 laps from the original count. This only affected the outcome of the classes where a lead change had taken place prior to the last two laps. unfortunately it happened in the Super Cat Class.

I really sucks how this played out. The last race was cut short and the positions that the boats were in at the time the race was red flagged, was how they placed. That was to TNT's advantage as they were in the lead in the first few laps. This weekend the course goes long and TNT was not in first place during the lap that OPA made the cutoff point by the mileage completed.

Perhaps they could run a Double Points Race in Cambridge ?
I doubt that would ever happen though....

Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

14 boats 1 ran out of gas, Shame on him. Course distances are historically inaccurate. The course was what it was when the green flag flew and changing the laps after the fact is wrong. Especially the second race of the day.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:49 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

It was more than 1 Jim. Even Wazzup ran out of fuel.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Registered

First of all thanks to the 150-200 people that called today I appreciate it more then u know and I'm sure Vinnie and the rest of the team feel the same way. For me the race was pure fun and thats what counts the most. Am I dissapointed yes I am but I believe in my heart that Smitty does what he thinks is right and therefore I will never ? his decision unless ofcourse I catch him smoking crack behind a building. I think sometimes we all forget that this org was only 13-15 boats 3or 4 years ago so when u have this kind of growth we are gonna experiance growing pains as an organization. Does anybody really think that the fellas who set the track ( dont for their safty let me know who ) think they wanted to set it long ofcourse not. But we all have to remember that and I'm guessing but they are volonteers and only do it once a year. so moving foward I'm willing to bet that our leader will be checking the track weather thru delegation or himself ( right pal ) so we don't have this prob in our future. The point is we learn from our mistakes and that will keep our group great. whoa ! almost forgot I don't do polotics so lets get back to scardey cat & the britt. For me and it's only my opinion Reliable is one of the best teams in the world I've had many conversations with Steve Curtis and the Dude is phucking amazing. Everyone thought Tom was like DRYWHITETOAST but I'm getting a little personality out of him. ( wait till his kids are wearing TNT shirts at the next show) He might even be having fun this year. Back to the point reliable passed us on lap 7 cuz they were faster. yes they drove around us like we were stuck chuck in the mud. That being said as far as I'm concerned they won ! Now just so all of our TNT fans know the only reason they caught us is because we had our port side trim tab stuck in the water 6" down ( kinda made us fly sideways ) at about lap 6. But guess what they still drove around us. Now who ever heard of backing up races ? Not me so scardey cat my friend u should do the right thing and split the $$$ with me ( lmao ) Smitty I'm sorry for showing my emotion at the awards but ya gotta remember I'm just a garbageman and I'm not that smart and it sent the wrong message cuz I'm not a sore loser. You had some tough job sunday evening and like I said I'm behind u 100%. I would like to finish this retarded rant by saying how proud Vinny and myself are of our whole team Donny, Dave, Mike h, Donny sr, JR,Mikey Cala (so much more then u know ) Ang from activator, MRD, Dave M, Dukes Boys, MOM and whoever I forgot. Oh yea Dorothy at Vinnys office. and my OTC partner in a$$kicken Curtis for mental stability (imagine that ) and JC . oopps Skater&Sterling. We are having ssoooo much fun and when not if but when we kick some supercat a$$ and take 1st I don't want a little star next to it that says CUZ. After all it's only our first year I'm just happy that we're somewhat up to speed. Oh and I still think Tom should split the $$ with me.

one more thing for everyone that ran outta gas or feels like they got robbed screwed shafted wronged treated bad like a red headed step child with freckles and one leg. 2 men in our sport died a cuple weeks ago so get the phuck over it.

but I still think Tom should split the $$$ with me

Last edited by GARBAGEMAN; 09-09-2008 at 12:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Pt Pleasant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.