OPA ............. You Did It !!! >

OPA ............. You Did It !!!

Notices

OPA ............. You Did It !!!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:27 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up OPA & NJOPRA............. You Did It !!!

My thanks go out to all of you that came to Pt Pleaasant Beach.

I just came in from attending the Pt Pleasant Beach Council Meeting. As I sat through all of the normal discussion of the town, my attention was then grabbed by the council when they started to discuss the boat race.

I wasn't sure what I was about to hear, but I patiently waited.

The gentleman on the council was happy to report that with the money received from the organization for the use of the parking lot was able to be used for something other than having to pay the Public Works Dept for cleanup after the event. He was so impressed with how everything went with the event and the fact that some of the racers came with their own trash containers and dumpsters that come Monday morning there was nothing left to be cleaned up. I recall him stating $3,500 was going to the town's library, some to the Police Dept and I think the balance may have gone to Public Works.

They were very impressed with the teams this year and the professionalism they witnessed. They realized there were a few issues they had to deal with during setup but it was all handle quite well.

Only one resident spoke about the parking lot and that the pits had extended beyond the proposed entrance by Boston Ave. He also commented how the town should look to receive the full amount next year for all spaces used just incase the weather is good next year.
Obviously that person did not realize with the weather that was there on Saturday, the town would have taken in nothing for parking during the storm.

Just before the closing of the meeting, I went before the council to recognize all of the town's efforts with the race and especially noted the Police Chief's involvement being as I witnessed that 1st hand.

Thank you all for leaving Point Beach cleaner than it was before you came. That did not go unnoticed by the town and it sounds like they are looking forward for next year.

One suggestiion made by the councilman was to start the planning for next year's event in about another month or two and get in touch with everyone involved to help coordinate things better with all of the depts.

Thanks again everyone for leaving a great impression !

And if I am not mistaken next year will be the 40th Anniversary of this event. That should make it even more special !!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 09-22-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And thanks to u Tim for ur efforts and for passing on that info. it's all to often the only thing heard are the bad things .
Old 09-17-2008, 05:44 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Great job, OPA!!!! I am proud of you all guys!

Chris
Old 09-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
My thanks go out to all of you that came to Pt Pleaasant Beach.

I just came in from attending the Pt Pleasant Beach Council Meeting. As I sat through all of the normal discussion of the town, my attention was then grabbed by the council when they started to discuss the boat race.

I wasn't sure what I was about to hear, but I patiently waited.

The gentleman on the council was happy to report that with the money received from the organization for the use of the parking lot was able to be used for something other than having to pay the Public Works Dept for cleanup after the event. He was so impressed with how everything went with the event and the fact that some of the racers came with their own trash containers and dumpsters that come Monday morning there was nothing left to be cleaned up. I recall him stating $3,500 was going to the town's library, some to the Police Dept and I think the balance may have gone to Public Works.

They were very impressed with the teams this year and the professionalism they witnessed. They realized there were a few issues they had to deal with during setup but it was all handle quite well.

Only one resident spoke about the parking lot and that the pits had extended beyond the proposed entrance by Boston Ave. He also commented how the town should look to receive the full amount next year for all spaces used just incase the weather is good next year.
Obviously that person did not realize with the weather that was there on Saturday, the town would have taken in nothing for parking during the storm.

Just before the closing of the meeting, I went before the council to recognize all of the town's efforts with the race and especially noted the Police Chief's involvement being as I witnessed that 1st hand.

Thank you all for leaving Point Beach cleaner than it was before you came. That did not go unnoticed by the town and it sounds like they are looking forward for next year.

One suggestiion made by the councilman was to start the planning for next year's event in about another month or two and get in touch with everyone involved to help coordinate things better with all of the depts.

Thanks again everyone for leaving a great impression !

And if I am not mistaken next year will be the 40th Anniversary of this event. That should make it even more special !!!
Congrat's to all for making a positive impression and hope that this will go from race site to race site. Great job.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Id also like to give a shout out to my boy Brian Aloia...owner of Future Sanitation for donation a couple dumpsters to be used in the pits up by the lake
Old 09-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered

another great venue....This is a great race site...in the last 2 years of racing there....it is some great water to race in....its a hand full, but it is fun.....there is just something about racing and the boat in front of you disapears in a swell in front of you and the next thing you kown there 15 ft in the air.....

Thanks Tim for the possitive info....can't wait till next year....
Old 09-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

[Thank you all for leaving Point Beach cleaner than it was before you came. That did not go unnoticed by the town and it sounds like they are looking forward for next year.]

That is the ultimate compliment !

Bring some garbage bags!
Old 09-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Registered

the town comes away from the event talkin trash lol
Old 09-22-2008, 11:42 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
OPA runs a great event!!
I agree, but let me not forget to mention NJOPRA . This organization is basicly the back bone to putting on this event.
They handle alot when it comes to working with the town and raising funds. You would be surprised to learn there is less than a dozen people within that organization and they get the job done !

Toni Potthoff spends countless hours in the Council meetings trying to get the race approvals and has been doing this unselfishly for as long as I can remember.

Great South Bay Racing really stepped up for the organization with getting the race programs together and printed. Thanks Louie ! They looked great !

Without all of the VOLUNTEERS, MONOC, USCG and NJOPRA, this event would not be the longest standing race site in offshore history!

Anyone that would like to help out for next year's event visit the NJOPRA website: http://njoffshore.org/index.html

It will be the 40th Anniversary and this race should be BIG !!!

Thank you to everyone that played a role in making this a successful event this year !

Old 09-22-2008, 11:45 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by IN10SE
the town comes away from the event talkin trash lol
I didn't mean for it to come across that way, but the council appeared to be very happy to find that the event didn't trash the place and alot more venders are interested in particpating next year.

Quick Reply: OPA ............. You Did It !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.